PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So would a guy like Martellus Bennett get a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Was reading article how Jimmy G made 79k for our win yesterday (and also either 112 or 59k win or lose SB) and I got to thinking. If we manage to win the SB this year does Bennett get a ring? He played like 1 game. Never understood how that was determined exactly.

Was reading article how Jimmy G made 79k for our win yesterday (and also either 112 or 59k win or lose SB) and I got to thinking. If we manage to win the SB this year does Bennett get a ring? He played like 1 game. Never understood how that was determined exactly.
It is cool how playoff shares actually can really be some good money for the young players on the margins for just being on the team.

I think even the janitors at Gillette get a ring ...
I think the league gives X amount of dollars for the rings ... then Kraft goes overboard.
If they win this time will there be enough room on the ring for a 6 Lombardi design?

I think the interesting topic is not whether Kraft gives a player/staff member a ring as a gesture, but if they're officially acknowledged as a Super Bowl champion.

If the Pats win the SB, every player on IR will be officially recognized as a SB champion in the NFL record books.

Meanwhile, if Kraft were to send a ring to Jimmy G or something, that would only be a gesture. Gronk will be playing for his 3rd official SB ring this year despite not playing in it last year.

This from 2015 .... 150 rings.
Super Bowl rings are the NFL’s $37,000 thank you for winning the big game
The rings themselves aren’t limited to the guys who see the field on Super Bowl Sunday. With only 53 athletes on the active roster, that leaves 97 rings for practice squad members, coaches, executives, and members of the training staff. They can also go to former players who may have been released or traded during the season, and other off-field contributors.

But they’ll have to wait a while to show off their new hardware. NFL teams typically don’t pass out their Super Bowl rings until the summer, some four months after hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy. The Broncos distributed their rings — fitted with 194 diamonds and 18 sapphires each — in a private ceremony on June 12 last year.

The question should be does jimmy G get one?

I think even the janitors at Gillette get a ring ...
I think the league gives X amount of dollars for the rings ... then Kraft goes overboard.
If they win this time will there be enough room on the ring for a 6 Lombardi design?

That's nothing, I hear the janitors even get the Patriot of the Week award but Tom Brady doesn't!!!

Cassius Marsh would probably get one too. :cool:

It's up to the team but I think Bennett would. He had a significant injury and played through it to try and help the team before getting hurt again. I'd be shocked if he didn't get one.

How many people get Super Bowl rings?

There are a lot of variables in play as to who gets rings, but generally you can expect every player on the 53-man roster, the entire coaching staff and the front office to earn rings. The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings for the winning team, with a max cost of around $7,000 per unit, depending on the cost of gold and diamonds at the time. That usually covers the bulk of people the team wants to gives the rings to, but it can go above that number if it buys the extra rings.

Yes he would, as would Edelman, etc.

someone make sure to send a ring to whoever cut james harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back