PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, sup with Hightower?

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just wondering what's up with Hightower?

I am aware that the Pats don't have the cap room to sign him right now and that if he were to play...it would likely be with another NFL team.

But I haven't heard one peep about where he is at right now...and camps are opening up....just wondering if anyone knew anything? One of the greatest Patriots ever....is he gonna hang em' up? Or does he still have gas in the tank? Anyone know?

I am aware that the Pats don't have the cap room to sign him right now and that if he were to play...it would likely be with another NFL team.

But I haven't heard one peep about where he is at right now...and camps are opening up....just wondering if anyone knew anything? One of the greatest Patriots ever....is he gonna hang em' up? Or does he still have gas in the tank? Anyone know?
I recalled reading he was still unsure if he wanted to play in 2023.

Wonder if Jamie Collins signs anywhere this year too.

I’d still take him if one of the young guys is struggling.

Sup with Hightower?
Damn right I'd have dinner with Donte.
As long as he's buying

IMO if Hightower lost 10 - 15 Lbs then he would be reasonably quick enough to be productive in 2022. In fact I believe all older LB should do the same.

Patriots are giving him all the time he needs - he's earned that. He's also prob been told, if you do comeback it would likely be in a reduced role.

I'd be surprised if he didn't atleast give it a go in camp to see if the knees can hold up. I could see him coming in and retiring before the seasons starts - sort of like Rob Nink.

Whatever HT does, he need to just please stay away from the Pats.
Definitely we are in the fast lane now with speed and out of the granny slow lane. The game is no longer for the Hightower type LB's they are too easily exposed in Todays game.

Sup with Hightower?
Damn right I'd have dinner with Donte.
As long as he's buying
I wud buy him two drinks....

One for the Lynch stop in SB49 prior to the Butler interception...that was a HUGE play.

Second one for the Matty Ice strip sack....that was a pivotal play.

Great Patriot......

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back