PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I sent myself a future email the day after the draft...

655z8x.gif

I agree with Keefe's wants. Justin Fields could still turn into a great QB. And Parsons is a stud. And Adams had a solid rookie year with a below average QB. His don't wants ended up being foolish thus far,

And I could have been on board for the Pats to trade up four spots, but only to jump ahead of the Cowboys to take Micah Parsons. Of course he was talking about Justin Fields.

And technically, he was right that Newton was the best QB on the roster on April 29th since Mac Jones didn't sign his rookie contract until months later. I don't get your beef with him on that. :)

I agree with Keefe's wants. Justin Fields could still turn into a great QB. And Parsons is a stud. And Adams had a solid rookie year with a below average QB. His don't wants ended up being foolish thus far,

And I could have been on board for the Pats to trade up four spots, but only to jump ahead of the Cowboys to take Micah Parsons. Of course he was talking about Justin Fields.

And technically, he was right that Newton was the best QB on the roster on April 29th since Mac Jones didn't sign his rookie contract until months later. I don't get your beef with him on that. :)
The thing I don't get about this is why he thought it was profound to say he wanted 3 prospects who were almost categorically higher ranked than the 2 he didn't want.

I guess that just goes to prove, be careful what you wish for.

Justin Fields looks promising.

My concern is he will be ruined playing for that toxic franchise.

Justin Fields looks promising.
To me he looks like yet another QB who is too quick to run around like a headless chicken when he should go through his reads and throw the ball.

Imagine the defense last year with Parsons at LB. Feels like the missing link. Though obviously the offense would’ve been worse as a result with Cam, but maybe not way worse. The team overall in 2021 probably would have been a little better but with the Jones pick they’re better set up for long term success (IMO)

Instead of Mac Jones I was in the group that really wanted either of two things to happen.......

1.) We get Justin Fields or
2.) Michah Parsons AND Jimmy G.

I can't hate on them for the second one was Parsons was picked before us anyway

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back