Reps: 20
Vertical: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 9'9"
Shuttle: 4.32
Cone: 6.72

Pretty nifty. Now the on-field stats:

2005: (8 games) 32 solos, 21 assists, 7.5 TFLs, 3 sacks, s PDs, 2 QBHs, 3 FF
2004: 39 solos, 25 assists, 6 TFLs, 3.5 sacks, 4 ints, 6 PDs, 1 FF, 2 FRs

So quick, what position is that? If you guessed some DE, some LB and some FS you win! It's a big leap from division II, but this is one OLB candidate who's already comfortable dropping into coverage. (And yes, his nickname does refer to the way he hits.)

Box_O_Rocks said:
If you want a sleeper, someone who is being discounted or down graded by most draftnik mocks...WR Mike Hass, Oregon. If you don't look at his 40 time (4.6) and instead look at his 3-cone (6.52) and vertical jump (36.5"), and especially his college production in the Pac 10, you have to think he is high on many team's WR boards. I expect someone to take him in the second round and I hope it's NE.

I have him as a target with a third rounder, hopefully the second one. I think most clubs list him as a 4-5 round pick. He could play for a club for ten years, (or be a complete bust). I like him.

Big School slider-sleeper?

I think the Pats do a Rohan Davey fourth round number on Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson. 6-5, 230, 4.7 . Graduated already and is neariing his Master's degree.

No Wonderlic wonders here.

He has a big arm, and was touted when Clemson had talent. The weaker teams of the past couple of years have caused his stock to plummet, but I liked what I saw at the Senior Bowl and at the combine.

Want a sleeper? How about from the University of Lindenwood (NAIA) DeDe Dorsey. He didn't have a great pro day and he played at pretty much played at the lowest level of college football there is, but you can't ignore the production, especially at so many different positions.
He measured in at 5-10 3/8 and 194 lbs., ran his 40s in 4.46 and 4.43 seconds. He also had a 34-inch vertical jump, 4.91 short shuttle, 6.88 three-cone drill, and did 16 lifts. He clearly needs to add some muscle and improve on that horrible short shuttle time, but the rest of the numbers were pretty good.
The key with Dorsey is that he was an All-American RB, who also played some FS. He was a standout there as well. Plus he returns kicks (unfortunately not punts though) and he also has the knack for blocking kicks. Dorsey could come in as a 7th round pick or a UDFA and become a contributer on all 3 phases of the game. Put him on the practice squad or give him some time in Europe and he could become a real player.

PATSNUTme said:
He is not a sleeper, Box. He's on everyone's radar screen. He may or may not go in the 2nd round, but he will be gone by the mid fifth round.

PATSNUTme said:
Sleepers are ususally players from smaller schools who are not well known and may be under the radar screen of most people.
Nut, a player most draftniks have dropping out of the top 100 is not on everyone's radar screen

Box_O_Rocks said:
Nut, a player most draftniks have dropping out of the top 100 is not on everyone's radar screen

OK. Have it your way. He's a sleeper. :rocker:

Only, he's been wide awake to me for months.

Okay...I might have all you guys beat on the SLEEPER OF ALL SLEEPERS. :rofl:

Well, perhaps not a sleeper as he will be a UDFA pick in all probability.

Dan Pees left Kent State in 2004 to come to the Patriots. Kent State lists 2 draftable players...

DT Danile Muir who is too slow and too slow to play in the NFL. He goes 6'2" - 263 - 5.29 40....nahhh.

DE Justin Parrish - 6'1" - 255 - 4.84 40.

Here is what his school boost page says:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/2005_Previews/KentState_defense.htm

- Justin Parrish, Sr. - 56 tackles, 14 sacks, 17.5 tackles for loss, 4 quarterback hurries ... The 6-2, 240-pound senior is one of the nation's best pass rushers at the hybrid of end/linebacker Buck position. He earned second team All-MAC honors leading the league in tackles for loss. He's almost unstoppable when he gets on the move and is a solid run stopper finishing fourth on the team in stops.

So, perhaps Belioli will sign the kid up on small money as a UDFA...Some site have him rated as like #30 for DE's...but I say Belichick plucks him at the end or as I said UDFA. A pick for Pees so to say. He may be the only one who Pees ever coached that will get a shot at the NFL. A loooonnnggg shot...real long. This guy will start on 495 at the Razor...it's up to him to make it north on RT.1.

F.B.N. said:
Okay...I might have all you guys beat on the SLEEPER OF ALL SLEEPERS. :rofl:

Well, perhaps not a sleeper as he will be a UDFA pick in all probability.

Dan Pees left Kent State in 2004 to come to the Patriots. Kent State lists 2 draftable players...

DT Danile Muir who is too slow and too slow to play in the NFL. He goes 6'2" - 263 - 5.29 40....nahhh.

DE Justin Parrish - 6'1" - 255 - 4.84 40.

Here is what his school boost page says:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/mac/2005_Previews/KentState_defense.htm

So, perhaps Belioli will sign the kid up on small money as a UDFA...Some site have him rated as like #30 for DE's...but I say Belichick plucks him at the end or as I said UDFA. A pick for Pees so to say. He may be the only one who Pees ever coached that will get a shot at the NFL. A loooonnnggg shot...real long. This guy will start on 495 at the Razor...it's up to him to make it north on RT.1.
I have known about Parrish for awhile, but have yet to find any sort of pro day numbers on him. Didn't have have 10+ sacks last year? Definitely a sleeper I would like as a UDFA, good call FBN.
I have another sleeper for you guys at ILB. Valentine Chude of Western New Mexico. He had good stats and good pro day numbers.

AzPatsFan said:
I think the Pats do a Rohan Davey fourth round number on Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson. 6-5, 230, 4.7 . Graduated already and is neariing his Master's degree.

No Wonderlic wonders here.

He has a big arm, and was touted when Clemson had talent. The weaker teams of the past couple of years have caused his stock to plummet, but I liked what I saw at the Senior Bowl and at the combine.

http://www.robscouting.com/2006/Teams/Clemson/Players/Whitehurst,%20Charlie.htm

Scouting Notes: Has the size looked for in a pro quarterback and is right handed… good size frame… fluid release… does not throw off his back foot… puts touch on the deep ball… has the arm to bullet a shorter route… does a good job of adjusting to a poor shotgun snap and regains a solid stance… needs to speed up his release though as he is slow letting go of the ball… not a mobile player, purely a pocket passer… follows through pretty well on play action passes… shows the composure under pressure to step up in the pocket and make a good throw… lets the ball go a little low as his passes get batted down some… his stock is falling and looks to be a late 2nd-early 3rd rounder as opposed to his projected 1st round grade entering 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes