PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slade Bolden?

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How do you all feel about Slade Bolden? I watched some highlights and it looks like he can get open (but I was not able to watch him run whole routes). I don't think he will post a fancy 40 time (his feet look dog slow when running) and his physique looks dreadful, but he seems like safe late round pick or F/A.

Last edited:
He does appear to get open and has good hands but just not explosive ?

Yea I watched some Metchie highlights, and he looks like a ideal choice as a Patriots WR. He is not as explosive as Jameson Williams (who is?), but he does everything well including blocking (and even tackling when the need arises!). He can get some separation and runs good routes. He would be a good second (or a great third round) choice if they get lucky.

Jameson seems risky, but BB has the inside line from 'Bama on the guy so who knows. Do the Patriots dare risk a first on an explosive but injured WR? Jameson does not have good moves after the catch except in a straight line; no one is gong to catch him in a foot race; he just walked away from CBs and not just any cornerbacks but SEC CBs.

Since Sports Illustrated is now projecting Bolden as the perfect Patriots fit, you can be sure he will never be picked by the Patriots.

I've been wanting us to get Metchie ever since noticing him in Mac Jones highlights. To me, he didn't look as far off Smith/Waddle as his draft stock would indicate.

How do you all feel about Slade Bolden? I watched some highlights and it looks like he can get open (but I was not able to watch him run whole routes). I don't think he will post a fancy 40 time (his feet look dog slow when running) and his physique looks dreadful, but he seems like safe late round pick or F/A.

I wouldn't use a draft pick on him - we have so very few already - but I would Absolutely, Positively sign him as a UDFA.

In fact, and overall, Bill & Co. MUST be Extremely Fuc-king Aggressive in the post-draft UDFA market, for every position group really.

Yea I watched some Metchie highlights, and he looks like a ideal choice as a Patriots WR. He is not as explosive as Jameson Williams (who is?), but he does everything well including blocking (and even tackling when the need arises!). He can get some separation and runs good routes. He would be a good second (or a great third round) choice if they get lucky.

Jameson seems risky, but BB has the inside line from 'Bama on the guy so who knows. Do the Patriots dare risk a first on an explosive but injured WR? Jameson does not have good moves after the catch except in a straight line; no one is gong to catch him in a foot race; he just walked away from CBs and not just any cornerbacks but SEC CBs.

Since Sports Illustrated is now projecting Bolden as the perfect Patriots fit, you can be sure he will never be picked by the Patriots.
The bolded part is not true. While he is long limbed he is more elusive than the average 6'2 receiver. He can make you miss or jump over you. You should watch a little more film on him.

Bolden dropped a lot of passes and I am not sure that will fly with bb!

Ouch! Bolden is slower than Myers and harry!

No thanks, we have more than enough slowpokes on the roster already.

every single slot receiver alive is being mentioned as a "fit" for the Patriots... beginning to feel like when the 2020 Bears started collecting Tight Ends, and wound up with 9 of them on the roster at one point...

Being Patriots-centric the first time I saw this kids name all I could think was, is he the genetically altered love child of Chris Slade and Brandon Bolden? If he has a career somewhere in between the two he's worth a late round pick. He needed to do the 3-cone drill especially with that 40 time though.

Ouch! Bolden is slower than Myers and harry!

No thanks, we have more than enough slowpokes on the roster already.

Yeah he won't be worth any of our precious few draft picks this year, but I would still love to sign him as a UDFA.

Any word about whether he ran the shuttles & cones?

Yeah he won't be worth any of our precious few draft picks this year, but I would still love to sign him as a UDFA.

Any word about whether he ran the shuttles & cones?
Based on the NFL Combine results he did not participate in the cones or shuttles !!!

Based on the NFL Combine results he did not participate in the cones or shuttles !!!

It's really pissing me off that more & more prospects are not participating in the cone & shuttle drills, either at the combine or even their pro days.

It's really pissing me off that more & more prospects are not participating in the cone & shuttle drills, either at the combine or even their pro days.
Vertical Jump - 32
Broad Jump - 116
40 yard - 4.66sec

Jameson Williams at 21, Metchie in roundn2, and Bolden on day 3…

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back