PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Skip Bayless on why he 100% believes Brady in deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

Nice listen. Hear this more and more. I hope Brady snubs Goodell

His defense of Brady in the beginning and end was good to hear. I agree with him that Brady's punishment "was the biggest, most outrageous injustice in the history of pro football." More people in the media should have a little fortitude and speak up if they feel the same way.

I had to tap out, though, when he went into his anti-Belichick speech. He just goes through a list of things that are either false or don't make any sense, like spying on the Rams and Panthers walkthroughs, Peyton Manning thinking the locker room was bugged, and communications failing for visiting teams. We've all been through those stories before. The walkthrough claims are false and there's only one reason why members of the Rams, Panthers and Eagles make those claims: They're sore losers and lack the class and dignity to accept that they were beaten. If Manning had his strategy conversations "in secret," why did he still struggle at Gillette? If no one is eavesdropping and you still play badly, then maybe the problem is with you. Lastly, it's been repeated 1000 times on this board, the league controls the communications and these problems happen everywhere. If something goes wrong, the issue lies with them.

He was also woefully misinformed about spygate. I'm not going to go into all the details, but he claims the 2007 season opener was the first time Mangini coached against Belichick. He also believes that Mangini called Belichick before the game and basically begs him not to tape signals. No proof to back this up, just what he imagines happened.

Also, it would have been nice if Skip wasn't so close to the camera. If this was shot in 3D, it would have been scary.

I'm not going to go into all the details, but he claims the 2007 season opener was the first time Mangini coached against Belichick. He also believes that Mangini called Belichick before the game and basically begs him not to tape signals. No proof to back this up, just what he imagines happened.

I have heard from a source close to Mangini that this is the story Fredo Mangini tells. I don't believe him but do believe this is the spin Mangini pulled to try and cover up.

I always believed DeflateGate was an extension of SpyGate and that presented problems. Everything about SpyGate should have been dealt with in 2007 - expose and punish spying on the Rams, etc, etc or not. That it was rehashed suggests Goodell and many of the owners are corrupt.

SpyGate was about BB, but DeflateGate was about TB. Those stories you read of the enraged lover that kills his girlfriend's pet or child to get at her - same logic applies here...we want to get BB, but we will settle to get TB.

I guess it's good Bayless is occasionally making sense, but not that consistently.

It be funny if anyone put topics in their proper category area.

So - this "history of cheating" constitutes nothing but rumours from people with an agenda against the Patriots? Meanwhile, other teams are proven to have cheated - but NE are the cheaters?

Way to go, Skip - you exonerate Brady while maintaining the mantra of his team's cheating. Hypocritical much?

And why can't he recognise the basic truth - that there's zero evidence than anyone deflated anything? Brady had no knowledge, because nobody had any knowledge. There was no knowledge to be had.

Skip goes half way, but stops short. No way in hell anybody else prepares the balls beyond what Brady asks for...

Skip is an interesting guy. Smart guy for example:

1. Hates Rodgers because he loved Favre.
2. Hates Pippen because he loves Jordan
3. Hates LeBron because he loves Jordan
4. Hates BB because he loves TB12

I can go on but he is an enigma good at what he does though

Broken clock.

How about this? Does anyone believe that Brady, a meticulous perfectionist, would trust an obese middle aged goofball who goes by the nickname "Bird" with running a covert operation to adjust his footballs by only a couple tenths of a psi with a needle, rapidly, on a bathroom floor?

Don't get sucked in.

The media works on many levels and most of it is self serving.

The (boring) truth is that there is nothing for Brady to be aware of as regards 'Deflategate' - there is no need for Skip's inane assessment of Brady's character - for whatever that is worth.

Nothing happened except boring science.

There is always a message underneath, and it is this:

The Patriots are cheaty cheaters. I (and my audience) am too lazy, too biased or too intellectually challenged to understand and communicate the how and why of Bill Belichicks success.

Bill Belichick is a cheaty cheater. We should all be quite angry and offended at the Cheaty Cheaters.

Booooooo Cheaty Cheaters.

Where was he two years ago, now he wants to hop on the bandwagon..

All this Deflategate stuff is getting stirred up now is because they want Atlanta and their dozens of fans to be extra salty when the came comes around. Just we were mostly ignorant of the Bountygate situation because we don't play the Saints often, Atlanta and their dozens of fans don't know much about Spy or Defamegate and are more susceptible to the "Pats are CHEATERZ!" hot takez.

Skip always defends Brady and ALWAYS disses BB. It never ends. Next.

This is called meeting the haters halfway. The fact that he can believe all the lies about BB pretty much completely undercuts his "objectivity" with Brady. It's a unique take, I suppose, and that's probably what he's going for. Whatever...

SpyGate was about BB, but DeflateGate was about TB.
Deflategate was about BB too but his in your face Mona Lisa Vito press conference showed the NYJFL* that there was too much fight in that dog so they switched to a softer target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes