PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver Lining

I was hoping we would be the only team that Tom Brady never beat in his NFL career but it looks like we will have to settle for being the only team he's never thrown a TD against.

For those of you who like useless trivia.
Depends if you count a pick-Six as a TD against!

he’s thrown a few passes that has resulted in the patriots conceding a TD

if you don't think it would have been a topic of conversation on here 2-3 years ago you are fooling yourself. I've lived through enough of those threads, especially early in the season!
The GDT would have been filled with fragile mf's claiming Brady is done and that the sky was falling

The silver lining to me is whatever happened between Brady and Bill over the last few years feels like it’s now fixed. There’s a reason why BB took the time to go in the visitors locker room to talk to him. I’m glad he did. After last night I think they’re on good terms again and same with Brady and the Patriots organization.

And with this game in the rear view mirror I think we can finally close the book and move forward.

We have our next qb
Bourne, judon look like excellent additions
We have tight ends, perhaps overpaid but nice to have
The defense looks great thus far, hopefully get Gilmore back too in a few weeks. If our offense starts to compliment them theyll finish better imo
Barmore is gonna be a stud
Mills finally played like expected

Lots to build on here. We are not *there* yet and that’s evident from losing this and the miami games that the pats of old would have won. But I think we’ll get there. May or may not be this year, but itll come!

The silver lining to me is whatever happened between Brady and Bill over the last few years feels like it’s now fixed. There’s a reason why BB took the time to go in the visitors locker room to talk to him. I’m glad he did. After last night I think they’re on good terms again and same with Brady and the Patriots organization.

And with this game in the rear view mirror I think we can finally close the book and move forward.
They talked about the Wickersham book about to be released to get their talking points in order. Obviously.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

Spot on. With a little luck, the Brady v Bill topics die (or mostly do?) and this place returns to Patsfans.com instead of BradyVBill.com.

1-3 with 2 of the most preventable losses of all time, I think I'm good on silver linings.

Despite the huge amount spent on free agents, we are still in rebuild mode. It takes time for the new players to mesh with their new teammates. It always looks better on paper when they sign the players. It takes time. Especially when you have a rookie QB running the show.

That being said, if they can find some way to protect that rookie QB, which they haven’t been able to yet, but if they can, he’s going to be really special. He’s already shown himself to be extremely tough, and to be a good leader. He’s had to be tougher than he ever had to be In Alabama. Even his INT, with a defender in his face, was pretty much on target, the defender made a great play to deflect it to his teammate. Maybe 1/2 inch higher, and that’s a catch. He really played well in the most hyped situation of his pro career, vs the GOAT and SB champs. I have high hopes for Mac Jones, I think he’s confident in himself, and I think the team has confidence in him.

There really is a silver lining, they are right there. A few tweaks here and there, and they are a playoff team. Maybe not THIS year, 1-3 is a tough start, but they are literally a few plays away from 3-1 (2 of the 3 losses are by a total of 3 points). Turnovers and penalties are killing this team. Shore up on those, and this team is a playoff team. I’m more upbeat after this loss, than the Saint’s loss. They are very close. And that’s the silver lining. They may go 8-9 or 9-8 and miss the playoffs, but they are lined up to have an excellent future.
Wait, where's the snark and the butt hurt? Isn't that required these days?

Just kidding. Thanks for a clear headed view of where things are at.

I agree this is a rebuilding year, despite spending big in FA. IMO thank goodness Mac fell to us. I think we were damn close to having Cam as our QB1 and BB using the pick on BPA, presumably the OL that the Giants moved up to take. BB said we spent so much on FA because we could not spend much last off season, in essence we were just catching up to where we should have been.

I think BB's road map was to try to find a new QB next off season, but Mac fell to us, so we're a year ahead on that front. Unfortunately this means we're behind on figuring the OL out so Mac isn't getting time to throw. Hopefully we figure that out as the season progresses.

I'd love this to be true, but I don't think it is. I think at best maybe a few people got a bit more closure. Maybe the shyte-tonne of hype around the game re-opened some wounds that will heal better a second time around, especially since the 2021 Patriots played a respectable game instead of being crushed like many expected, myself included.

I'd love this forum to be focused on the 2021 Patriots, but it seems many can't get over their butthurt about the past and need to relive it over and over again. The media capitalizes on such stuff so they'll keep stirring the pot. Hopefully the shyte-tonne of hype this game got helps people lose their love for such shyte, but I'm not going to count on it.

The silver lining as Patriot fans is we found our heir apparent to Tom and our future is pretty bright.
And it looks even brighter after yesterday's game, even though it cost me all but $1000 of the cash I have left from the $50,000 that @Dingleberry gave us to bet with. I never thought that the two teams would combine for 40 points.

Mac Jones just doesn't play like a rookie.

But isn’t that a ‘big one’ though ?

Oh it is. It was the biggest question mark coming into the season. Now I would say it's not on my list of concerns.

What concerns me is we improved talent all over the roster but still look bad. Will they be able to put it together? Just very undisciplined and sloppy which isn't characteristic for Bill. That's on coaching.

Oh it is. It was the biggest question mark coming into the season. Now I would say it's not on my list of concerns.

What concerns me is we improved talent all over the roster but still look bad. Will they be able to put it together? Just very undisciplined and sloppy which isn't characteristic for Bill. That's on coaching.
I both agree and disagree.

Do you believe BB puts tremendous importance on ball security, has been preaching it since this summer, and has taught the players the best way to secure the ball ? I do. Then, on the field, Harris, Rham, Taylor…. They are not holding on. I choose to believe the execution is the problem. I choose to believe BB isn’t la-dee-da about this recent development.

I both agree and disagree.

Do you believe BB puts tremendous importance on ball security, has been preaching it since this summer, and has taught the players the best way to secure the ball ? I do. Then, on the field, Harris, Rham, Taylor…. They are not holding on. I choose to believe the execution is the problem. I choose to believe BB isn’t la-dee-da about this recent development.

Yeah, we win the dolphins game without that fumble and we're within field goal range against the bucs When Taylor fumbled.

We could easily be 4-1 instead of 2-3 if guys hold onto the ball. Yesterday also is a totally different game if Harris doesn't cough it up and we go up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back