PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast!!!

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Marshon Lattimore.
The Saints even with Brees leaving they will need to do a fire sale, they are 100 mil over the cap. Many good players will be available to sign from the Saints this off-season. We could definitely bolster our D if we get Lattimore. Gilmore getting up there in age I think this would be a solid pickup for our team.

Marshon Lattimore.
The Saints even with Brees leaving they will need to do a fire sale, they are 100 mil over the cap. Many good players will be available to sign from the Saints this off-season. We could definitely bolster our D if we get Lattimore. Gilmore getting up there in age I think this would be a solid pickup for our team.

Lattimore, Ramczyk, and Alexander all had their 5th year options picked up. They are likely going to be cut to get under the cap.

Terron Armstead is a likely cap casualty since the remaining years on his contract after 2021 are already voided. I don't believe the Saints can push money into already voided years.. That's something that @Miguel would have to answer for us.

Don't be surprised if Malcolm Brown, Nick Easton, Janoris Jenkins, Patrick Robinson, David Onyemata,, Josh Hill, Latavius Murray and Emmanuel Sanders are also cut.

Those cuts, along with Brees leaving, would only account for about $87M in savings. That would bring their roster down to 32 player. I think they could get under the cap by converting salary to signing bonus for Taysom Hill, Cam Jordan, Michael Thomas and Will Lutz.

Given we play the Bucs next year, getting a guy who has had real good success against Evans wouldn't be a bad move.

I don’t hate the idea of a Lattimore trade if the value is right, because he’s one of the few guys who has shown the ability to be a true shutdown corner.

The problem here is that too often, he’s not elite, not great, and not even good. He’s not worth a high pick rental or a big contract until he starts playing with significantly more consistency.

He tied for second in the NFL with 7 TDs allowed this season. In 2018, he was second with 880 yards allowed.

Last edited:
I don't, for a second, see Bill trading for Lattimore. Not with Gilmore and JC Jackson already here.

Let the Colts or Jaguars spend the money on him.

Given we play the Bucs next year, getting a guy who has had real good success against Evans wouldn't be a bad move.

So, you don't think that Gilmore or Jackson could have the same success against Evans?

The Bucs are going to have some issues with signing players next season.. They appear to be "All In" this year.

31 players under contract. $30M in cap space.
Lavonte David - UFA
Gronkowski - UFA
Shaq Barrett - UFA
Suh - UFA
Godwin - UFA

Watch the Saints "get under the cap" without purging many if any important players.

I think signing Godwin would be a nice move. We have enough cap space to sign him. He is definitely way better than what we have at receiver except Jules. Harry hopefully has a breakout season next year. Also Jules is slowly coming to the end of his career, so we have to build a team that can score if we want to keep up with the Chiefs/Bills and few other AFC powerhouses.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back