PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast? Whitney Mercilus

We have enough slow guys....time for young athletic backers.

We have enough slow guys....time for young athletic backers.
This. We need to see what we have and get the old guys out of the way. We have enough progress stoppers at LB as it is.

Can he set the edge?

too old and his not very productive anymore

I loved this guy 5 years ago. I love the great football name. Merciless. I think we have enough older, slower guys right now. He'd have to be league minimum and then used in just certain situations. It's not like the Texans are so good that they can give decent players away mid-season. Sadly, pass.

Patriots top needs - an OL who doesn't instantly crumble under pressure, a LB who can cover sideline to sideline, an outside CB who doesn't get torched so often he's on the cover of Pyromaniacs magazine. If Merciless is none of these things, we don't need him.

This has a Derrick Burgess vibe to it...

He said he wanted to play for a contender and get a ring :/

Do it for the name

No. Uche needs the time.

And where the heck is Ronnie Perkins and Anfernee Jennings? They needs to get their azzes on the field.

Last edited:
No. Uche needs the time.

And where the heck is Ronnie Perkins and Anfernee Jennings? They needs to get their azzes on the field.

Jennings, that horrible waste of Yet Another top-100 pick in that awful, Awful 2020 draft, is on season-ending IR.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back