PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI Guy Casale on Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Had to dig to find this but a nice article nonetheless:

Stevan Ridley may emerge as best of Patriots running back corps - SI.com - Fantasy

"I'm going to say something else I only want you to remember if I'm right: I think Ridley will end up being one of the best backs to come out of this draft class.
In my opinion, Ridley was the most underrated player in college football last season. Ridley ran for 1,147 yards and 15 touchdowns during his junior year. Those are good numbers for any running back playing in the SEC but they are even more impressive when you consider LSU's quarterback situation.
Jordan Jefferson was one of the worst starting quarterbacks for any major college program last year. He threw seven touchdown passes and 10
interceptions. Those numbers are shocking. I'm talking about the seven touchdowns. I'm shocked that Jefferson threw seven passes good enough to go for scores.
When you look at what Ridley did while playing with that anemic passing attack, you see why I say he was underrated. A lot of people think the Patriots reached for Ridley in Round 3 but I disagree. I actually think they got a steal.
Ridley is a strong inside runner with tremendous vision. The thing I like most about him is his toughness. Defenses constantly stacked the line against LSU, yet Ridley always grinded out the tough yards.
Benjarvus Green-Ellis is coming off a good year, but I see him as an average runner on a great offense. I see Ridley being a very good runner on a great offense. Expect to see quite a bit of Ridley this season and even more of him in 2012."

This running attack and defensive line should close a lot of teams out.

I'm starting to get suspicious of all this media Patriots ball washing right now.

I'm starting to get suspicious of all this media Patriots ball washing right now.

As much as I love reading about our team, sometimes it is too much. This article however didn't bother me as much as some.

Jordan Jefferson was one of the worst starting quarterbacks for any major college program last year. He threw seven touchdown passes and 10 interceptions. Those numbers are shocking. I'm talking about the seven touchdowns. I'm shocked that Jefferson threw seven passes good enough to go for scores.

So, in other words, he's only slightly worse than Sancheese? :bricks:

Last edited:
Let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet.

So rookies like Stevan Ridley and Dwayne Harris had huge debuts playing against the scout team and you just know some egomaniac is going to start with the "I told you so's." You know the type I'm talking about. They'll probably even add in links to things they've said in the past like they're some kind of genius after one week of football. It's pathetic.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk but I guarantee you this is going to happen. Some nobody will start patting themselves on the back, almost personally taking credit for Ridley and Harris' performances. That kind of ego driven self-indulgence makes me sick. There's no place for it and if a person needs attention that badly, it's actually pretty sad.

This made me giggle... Yeah, I know the type...from when Tom used to post here under multiple phony female aliases before even poor old Fred had to fire his ass. :rofl:

Read more: Stevan Ridley may emerge as best of Patriots running back corps - SI.com - Fantasy

Last edited:
When he got drafted, I was like Who??. Then the NFL network showed one of his games and then I remembered who he was. I remembered watching couple of LSU games in 09 and 10 and being impressed by his running sytle.
So, coming back to what I was saying, after i saw the highlights, I loved this pick.

Made 3 videos of Ridley's games in 2010 and most Pats fans who saw the videos were impressed. I can't wait for him to pound the ball down team's throat late in the 4th qtr with the lead..esp against Indy.

the media is focusing on the pats because the Lard ass hasnt been able to put together a good press conference for the Jest recently....I guess they are waiting for the next installment of "Feet for Fun the Jets Way"......

The author Thomas (Tom) Casale, used to work for the Pats/Kraft Group, as one of the regulars on PFW in Progress with Fred Kirsch, Paul Perillo, and Andy Hart. Casale left after either the '06 or '07 seasons.

The author Thomas (Tom) Casale, used to work for the Pats/Kraft Group, as one of the regulars on PFW in Progress with Fred Kirsch, Paul Perillo, and Andy Hart. Casale left after either the '06 or '07 seasons.

He left would be putting it kindly... As would be saying he left as a poster here...

I have always had a sneaking suspicion he was also Tomase's source...

Last edited:

This is being written from a fantasy football perspective. If you play fantasy sports team allegiance means nothing if you want to win. It's all about the numbers.

I took Ridley as the last bench spot on one of my fantasy teams. Go Ridley!

We know of him. Much more than we would like.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether Casale is just pimping himself the Ridley I saw in the first pre-season game was a much different back than the one i read about leading up to the draft. I expected a power back with limited speed and bad hands and saw a back with good speed and moves with decent hands who still had the power advertised. How he fares against first team defenses is still to be determined but I really liked the back i saw last week.

I think it was before the '08 season as I'm pretty sure I started listening to PFW in Progress during the '07 training camp and I had a full season with him.

Forget what he thinks about Stevan Ridley. What did he think of Mrs. B's training camp reports this year. Inquiring minds want to know.

Casale is a classic case of failing up now that he is working for SI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing