PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shouldn't All The Free Agents On Offense Be Up For Sale/Trade?

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It is time to look to 2024. Sure, we should try to win every game. But I don't expect Kraft to approve major trades to help the 2023 team.

Personally, I would NOT trade the free agents on Defense. I want the team cohesiveness to continue and I would like to re-sign/extend our free agents.
=============================
SHOULDN"T WE GET ANYTHING WE CAN FOR
Onwenu
Bourne
Henry
Gesicki
Brown
Reiff
Montgomery
====================
I don't include Elliot. I think that he might want to be part of the future.

Some of these players cannot be moved yet because of injuries. We should let them receiver so that they could pass a physical before November 1st.
===========
I might add Shuster and Parker, but no one would want them because of their cap situations.

You’re a day late and a dollar short. The guys to trade were the aging championship core. Very few teams will be interested in their veterans since most are overpaid and not game changers.

Trent Brown could fetch something for the right team, maybe Bourne.

If they were smart Bourne would be on the block right now after his 10-89 game.

Yeah unfortunately bourne and dugger are the only guys currently that would fetch anything.

Onwenu and uche’s value have probably plummeted. If we could get a 3rd or 4th though id probably pull the trigger.

Though the values may not be great, id still trade whoever of these i can for the sake of trying to finish with a worse record without blatantly throwing games.

yes, everything must be up for trade...but we know Bill only trades with his coaching buddies or his buddies kids

You’re a day late and a dollar short. The guys to trade were the aging championship core. Very few teams will be interested in their veterans since most are overpaid and not game changers.
Do you read before you post. Consider individual players.

Are you really saying that no one would trade for Bourne? or Henry? Shame on those GM's!

No one on this offense is going for more than a 5th round pick.
Perhaps, perhaps not.

let the bidding begin on Bourne!

There are teams that should be willing to give a 4th. KC?

Anybody who we legitimately don't think is going to be a foundational piece for the next 3-5 years should be gone.

Commit to a real rebuild like the Niners did a decade ago.

Dugger, Gonzalez, Barmore, and Uche can stay. Anyone else should be up for negotiations if someone wants to spend acceptable value for them.

I’d be ok parting with everyone except Gonzalez. And - for the right price - I guess I’d entertain adding him as well.

I would hardly even care if « they don’t bring back much ». Get that 6th rounder. You never know…

Come on, folks. This is the NFL not MLB- there’s no such thing as “fire sales” in the NFL. Sure we may make a one-off trade but the people fantasizing about trading away multiple players for multiple picks are completely delusional. This doesn’t happen in the NFL, especially intra-season.

No one on this offense is going for more than a 5th round pick.
You can maybe do packages. Hunter Henry and Stevenson. Andrews and Parker.

I’d be ok parting with everyone except Gonzalez. And - for the right price - I guess I’d entertain adding him as well.

I would hardly even care if « they don’t bring back much ». Get that 6th rounder. You never know…

Anybody who we legitimately don't think is going to be a foundational piece for the next 3-5 years should be gone.

Commit to a real rebuild like the Niners did a decade ago.

Dugger, Gonzalez, Barmore, and Uche can stay. Anyone else should be up for negotiations if someone wants to spend acceptable value for them.
???
Half the players that you would ALLOW to stay are free agents, probably headed elsewhere.

Gonzalez is a foundational piece.
I’d only part with him for a top QB.
Gonzalez Barmore Dugger, Peppers, Douglas, Thornton only guys I’m holding on to.

???
Half the players that you would ALLOW to stay are free agents, probably headed elsewhere.
I'm not saying all of them are going to be traded. I'm saying if any value at all presents itself, even if it's just a trade for a team that thinks they need a piece to get through this season, there's very few guys we shouldn't consider if there is a decent return.

We don't have an incentive to pass up assets at this point because we are going anywhere this year.

Edit misread: I would try to keep some of them if we could because they are still young and can be here for awhile. But those are the only ones I think we should try to hold onto.

Do you read before you post. Consider individual players.

Are you really saying that no one would trade for Bourne? or Henry? Shame on those GM's!

Yeah some fat 7th for 6th round swaps. Maybe Henry would get a 5th if some team would pay his ludicrous salary.

How can we trade if we don't have enough to even play?

Yeah some fat 7th for 6th round swaps. Maybe Henry would get a 5th if some team would pay his ludicrous salary.
Package Bourne and Henry or Bourne with a lineman or one of the backfield Joneses and get a 4th or 3rd

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back