PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Belichick Retain Personnel Duties?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Belichick Retain Personnel Duties?

• Total voters
I'll tell ya.. I owe Matty p an apology. His team is likely going to be in the NFC championship. I'm sure Bills got his heart n soul all prepared for the ARMY , NAVY game coming up. The QB for either team could do better than what we have.
Eh.. he was still way out of his element as OC here and was a stupid hire in that role. With the Eagles at least he’s on the defensive coaching staff where he should be.

Eh.. he was still way out of his element as OC here and was a stupid hire in that role. With the Eagles at least he’s on the defensive coaching staff where he should be.
Oh definitely agree. I said that sarcastically.. compared to what we've been witnessing. He's always been known as a defensive coach and your right is where he should remain.

BB is under contract. Boot Robert, Jonathon takes team over, BB consultant, anybody else as GM, 30-40 something year old as new generation offensive Head Coach. Tell Mayo sorry, had enough or the Patriots Way, Asst Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator or hit the bricks.

Anyone named Belichick gone. Anyone who can be termed a Belichick Little Buddy gone. Joe Judge humiliated, maybe offer him team manager / laundry duties, then fired.

Is this really a question right now? No disrespect but have you been off the grid hiding out somewhere for the last few years or something?

Yep, it’s a question. And the reason it’s a question is because there are a number of posters here that repeatedly make the claim that there is a IBWT contingent in this forum that wants him to continue in his current role. Whereas the truth, as this poll is demonstrating, is that there is no such group of posters, and there is only about a 3rd of fans here who even want him to continue as coach.

Yep, it’s a question. And the reason it’s a question is because there are a number of posters here that repeatedly make the claim that there is a IBWT contingent in this forum that wants him to continue in his current role. Whereas the truth, as this poll is demonstrating, is that there is no such group of posters, and there is only about a 3rd of fans here who even want him to continue as coach.
Love Bill the coach but his GM skills have been suspect for quite some time. Early on the majority of the roster were Parcells draft picks. Bill added a few here and there but Brady covered for a lot of the misses by the front office. That luxury is long gone and Bill's problem is he builds the team like Brady is still there. Belichick 100% took Brady and his talent for granted. He really really miscalculated the importance of a elite QB.

I voted the first option, let’s keep this train rolling.

I'll tell ya.. I owe Matty p an apology. His team is likely going to be in the NFC championship. I'm sure Bills got his heart n soul all prepared for the ARMY , NAVY game coming up. The QB for either team could do better than what we have.
Why? Phat Matt isn't coaching the Eagles offense.

Love Bill the coach but his GM skills have been suspect for quite some time. Early on the majority of the roster were Parcells draft picks. Bill added a few here and there but Brady covered for a lot of the misses by the front office. That luxury is long gone and Bill's problem is he builds the team like Brady is still there. Belichick 100% took Brady and his talent for granted. He really really miscalculated the importance of a elite QB.

And its very clear with the responses that literally no one wants Belichick to choose players anymore, and most don’t want him here at all.

FWIW (not much in my opinion anyway), if BB walks, he takes Steve with him. Again, not a huge loss by any stretch of the imagination.

And its very clear with the responses that literally no one wants Belichick to choose players anymore, and most don’t want him here at all.
His ego would never allow him NOT to have total control. He talks that "as a collective" but as long as he has final say that's all window dressing. They are his picks. If the Pats are drafting a new QB it's time to move on from "no patience" Belichick entirely.

His ego would never allow him NOT to have total control. He talks that "as a collective" but as long as he has final say that's all window dressing. They are his picks. If the Pats are drafting a new QB it's time to move on from "no patience" Belichick entirely.

That’s always been my sense as well, because it’s well known that Kraft agreed to total control over football operations to get him from the Jets. However, Kraft has honored that deal for over 20 years, and he can legitimately make the argument to Belichick that he has to find out if Groh and Wolf have what it takes to run the team, and he has to give them the necessary control to find that out, Belichick said he would never coach in his 70’s, and he has no basis for expecting that Kraft should continue to abide that deal now that he’s in his 70’s.

Just remembering when BB, explaining why he kept 4 qb’s on the roster, said he would never let happen here what happened to the Colts when Manning left.

Just remembering when BB, explaining why he kept 4 qb’s on the roster, said he would never let happen here what happened to the Colts when Manning left.
Then I watch guys like Flacco come out of no where and throw for nearly 300 yards. We couldn't find a Flacco or Wentz to back up Jones so that this dumpster fire didnt happen??

In an ideal world, he would stick to coaching and let another capable GM buy the groceries. But within this organization, that's not realistic. One, Belichick would not accept a demotion because nobody with his resume would. Secondly, if we only give him the HC job, does he take a major pay cut too? With him making over 20m a year, do we even have the budget left to hire a highly respected GM who would also want to hire his own people to revamp the entire front office? To put things in perspective, John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan make about 13M a year, almost half of what Bill makes.

He has got to go as GM. He had his moments in that role, but at this point, the subpar performance has gone on far too long.

As coach? He's painting a masterpiece of sorts with a severely hobbled defense, which makes me think that we might be better off keeping him. But on offense, he's possibly guilty of a war crime, which gives me pause on letting this continue.

As I said last week, I have no idea what to do. Somewhere between 2 and 3, and definitely option 4.

Then I watch guys like Flacco come out of no where and throw for nearly 300 yards. We couldn't find a Flacco or Wentz to back up Jones so that this dumpster fire didnt happen??
I can understand thinking Mac would not implode, but you can’t go into the season with 1 NFL qb and nobody (least of all the GM/coach who released Zappe) could feel covered with Zappe. I don’t get it.

His contract says Yes. Kraft won't pay him to fish or consult for some other team.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back