PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sent ESPN Ombudsman Jim Brady an email, he replied

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last week Bruce Allen pointed out Jim Brady was looking for feedback on ESPN. So I sent him this:
Good afternoon. Why does ESPN report every single infraction the Patriots are accused of committing as pure fact, while other sports stars or teams are treated to benefit of the doubt or no acknowledgement at all. Example: Deflategate vs. Peyton Manning or Deflategate vs. St Louis Cardinals hacking the Astros. Just a no-nonsense answer, please. You could print "We Constantly Go After The Patriots Because It Makes 31 Other Fan Bases Happy" and it would be A) Refreshingly honest and B) Universally praised by said other 31 fan bases.

If you're going to constantly have your online and on air talent go after an entire franchise, stop screwing around and just own it already.

Steve

I was very surprised to see a reply waiting for me a few minutes ago:
Steve,

Working on Deflategate piece now, and may well use your last few lines in it, either anonymously or with your name, if you so choose. Not 100 percent on using it, but trying to include some sample comments, and yours sums it up well. OK to use your name?

Thanks
Jim

I said no, because I am distrustful and think he's writing another hit piece against all of us Pats fans. But we'll see what happens, I guess. The fact that he even read it was a surprise to me.

Last week Bruce Allen pointed out Jim Brady was looking for feedback on ESPN. So I sent him this:
Good afternoon. Why does ESPN report every single infraction the Patriots are accused of committing as pure fact, while other sports stars or teams are treated to benefit of the doubt or no acknowledgement at all. Example: Deflategate vs. Peyton Manning or Deflategate vs. St Louis Cardinals hacking the Astros. Just a no-nonsense answer, please. You could print "We Constantly Go After The Patriots Because It Makes 31 Other Fan Bases Happy" and it would be A) Refreshingly honest and B) Universally praised by said other 31 fan bases.

If you're going to constantly have your online and on air talent go after an entire franchise, stop screwing around and just own it already.

Steve

Steve,

Working on Deflategate piece now, and may well use your last few lines in it, either anonymously or with your name, if you so choose. Not 100 percent on using it, but trying to include some sample comments, and yours sums it up well. OK to use your name?

Thanks
Jim

I said no, because I am distrustful and think he's writing another hit piece against all of us Pats fans. But we'll see what happens, I guess. The fact that he even read it was a surprise to me.

I think your distrust was right and your suspicions will probably prove to be well-founded. Not surprised to hear that ESPN's exhuming this dead horse to resume beating it, though. I'm sure it'll be a hit piece along the lines of what Peter King said, claiming that we have a persecution/inferiority complex and we're chasing windmills. Obviously the hypocrisy is all imagined on our part.

I'd tell him yes, go ahead and use it if and only if he intends to offer a straightforward answer your question in the piece he is working on.

My reply:
No thank you, sir. I do not know you and don't want to stereotype you, but most national writers (Peter King is a prime example) say we are just a whiny fanbase because of what we see is unfair media treatment. If you're going to use my name in an example like that, thanks but no thanks. I already get a hard time from non Patriots fans in real life, don't need it online as well.

I know your job isn't easy, and being a Jets fan I am sure you get a ton of crap from fans of my team and others. Thanks for reading and replying...I imagine you had a lot of misspelled garbage to sift through after you posted your request for ESPN feedback.

Steve

He replied "That's fine I'll use it anonymously if at all". Pretty sure that my suspicion was right.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks
Jim

Nice work.

What exactly does he mean by, "Working on Deflategate piece now."?

I have so much hatred for Deflategate. Specifically, the loss of the pick. Could be a HTower or a Solder or a McCourty... instead it'll be Hue Jackson's next OL. Ugh.

How can he be working on a deflategate piece when it's obvious now, it was an invented farce?

Tells you all you need to know about this ombudsman.

If he is working as an ombudsman, the only way he can be 'working on a story' is to be talking about how bspn covered that story. He can't be writing some new hit piece.

While he could theoretically come up with some whitewash story about how they weren't actually so far off; not sure how many anywhere would believe that anymore.

If he doesn't hit his own org hard for their bs, then I guess he is worried about the ombudsman position being vacant for another 24 months again.

My reply:
No thank you, sir. I do not know you and don't want to stereotype you, but most national writers (Peter King is a prime example) say we are just a whiny fanbase because of what we see is unfair media treatment. If you're going to use my name in an example like that, thanks but no thanks. I already get a hard time from non Patriots fans in real life, don't need it online as well.

I know your job isn't easy, and being a Jets fan I am sure you get a ton of crap from fans of my team and others. Thanks for reading and replying...I imagine you had a lot of misspelled garbage to sift through after you posted your request for ESPN feedback.

Steve

He replied "That's fine I'll use it anonymously if at all". Pretty sure that my suspicion was right.
You do know that the new ESPN ombudsman is a jets fan right ? Iam not joking. That who he is. check it out.

You do know that the new ESPN ombudsman is a jets fan right ? Iam not joking. That who he is. check it out.

He stated in his sig, I believe, that working for the Jets is his dream job. It's hard to believe this stuff, but true. Maybe someone with a better memory, or a screen shot can verify the exact situation when he started.

Or the hit piece comes Monday. It will be Easterbrook's Good Vs. Evil part 2 written by the fair and balanced E!SPN Ombudsman.

Yes he's a Jets fan, another reason I am not buying his "hey great comment would love to use your name in a piece I'm writing".

But, for now I'll be cautiously optimistic. Maybe they found someone to keep things on the up and up.

Due to the nature of his job can't the only piece he do, as someone already said, be about how ESPN reported defamegate?

But a Rat fan working for ESPN...yeah, incoming hit piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3