PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: What Sebastian Vollmer looks like now

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the secret? Lipo?

What's the secret? Lipo?

The secret is that most lineman play at a weight well over the amount their body can easily maintain. Vollmer was probably eating close to 10000 calories a day while playing.

The secret is that most lineman play at a weight well over the amount their body can easily maintain. Vollmer was probably eating close to 10000 calories a day while playing.
Why no loose skin?

Why no loose skin?

Vollmer was presumably incredibly muscular while playing, he just also had a large belly. Burn that off through calorie reduction and cardio when you're in your 30s and I assume the skin has more than enough elasticity to manage the change. Bodybuilders build and shed mass like this all the time.

Someone posted a photo in another thread of Joe Thomas today - same deal.

Vollmer was presumably incredibly muscular while playing, he just also had a large belly. Burn that off through calorie reduction and cardio when you're in your 30s and I assume the skin has more than enough elasticity to manage the change. Bodybuilders build and shed mass like this all the time.

But not a large one by OL standards.

Glad all of these guys losing weight after their careers are over, it will help them live longer and have less health issues.

The only thing you won’t be able to get away from is CTE.
Joe Thomas reported some memory losses, I just hope things don’t get worse for him.

I don't think Solder has a belly at all. He seems chiselled at his playing weight.

I don't think Solder has a belly at all. He seems chiselled at his playing weight.

He started at Colorado as a TE with 3% body fat, and reached about 8% as an OL.

Reactions: Ian
Speaking of big dudes, if Wilfork is happy then all the power to him, but I don't think he has lost a lot of weight since retirement...

It all makes sense. Women that marry OL are just playing the long game.

It seems this phenomenon as seen with Vollmer is the inverse of what happens with NBA stars. Former NBA guys seem so often to go from well oiled machines to the Goodyear Blimp while offensive linemen like Vollmer seem to find a way to get in better shape.

He started at Colorado as a TE with 3% body fat, and reached about 8% as an OL.

You might wanna check those numbers, bodybuilders in contest have like 4% of body fat, hard to go any lower than that. A guy with 8% body fat is extremely ripped.

You might wanna check those numbers, bodybuilders in contest have like 4% of body fat, hard to go any lower than that. A guy with 8% body fat is extremely ripped.
Yeah that seems too low. I bet he was in the mid/high teens.

Speaking of big dudes, if Wilfork is happy then all the power to him, but I don't think he has lost a lot of weight since retirement...
Don't wanna sound like a mom but with his family history he should be dropping 100 lbs immediately.

When i saw the title i thought the exact contrary...
I n c r e d i b i l e ....
Bravo Sebastian...we need help at Te...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News