PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: USA Rugby Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched rugby before ... it was okay but did not impress me at all. This game seemed much more exciting to me and I like it much better. Funny thing is I am a big soccer fan and I relate this to the casual soccer fans rational for soccer is boring ... not enough scoring. So to any real fans of rugby in this forum ... do you like the 7's or does it seem like a gimmick compared to traditional rugby?

I love Rugby Union (ie traditional Rugby) 100x more than 7s. Although 7s is better than some other forms of rugby that I absolutely will not watch.

I love Rugby Union (ie traditional Rugby) 100x more than 7s. Although 7s is better than some other forms of rugby that I absolutely will not watch.

Sevens does lend itself to the Olympics well though. And is a good way to bring on newer countries. 20/20 cricket is similar in providing an immediate appeal.

I thought the same thing, he's fast and he has a pretty solid build too despite his tiny size. I was shocked to see he only weighs 165, because he doesn't look like a solid hit would break him in half or anything. Just looked into it a bit, and apparently he had a tryout with the Lions in 2014. With his speed, wouldn't be shocked if he gets another look: Speedy Carlin Isles embraces his chance in rugby

Apparently Perry Baker came out of the Arena League and just picked up rugby a couple years ago. Between Ebner, Isles and Baker I wonder if we could have a really, really good team if we stocked the roster with NFL gunners.

Not as easy as it looks. Dhani Jones of the New York Giants went out for a British Rugby team and failed miserably. I think you either need speed or lots of experience.

NFL football players are trained to hit hard. When I was in college, my team traveled to Scotland on a tour. When we played men's teams, we did just fine, but once we took on a team who were small and scrawny compared to us. We laid the out all over the field with hard hits. The score was something like 50-0 in favor of them. While we were drilling them (I can still hear some Scottish fan yell from the sidelines, "He stuck him like a pig!") they were getting the ball out quickly to the wings.

I believe this was Dhani Jones' problem. He was going down on hits and allowing cutbacks for the opposition into wide open space.

So we're rooting for Brazil here?

To go to Quarterfinals, USA has to win, draw or lose by less than 4 points. Go Eagles!

Anyone got a link for streaming? When I go to the rugby page on NBC's site it doesn't load any video.

wow lead vs Fiji with our olympics 12 in

SIGN THE BEAST!

Try!!! 5-0 USA. Nice one Danny Barrett

Wow, what a cut by Barrett!

so close to big lead
then costly mistake near the end zone for “pick 5“ Fiji return

Ebner never shies away from contact. Has done a good job handing the ball off once tackled.

Wow this commentator actually knows the rules. Compared to yesterday's who was making them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back