PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sellout streaks with no fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, that’s his name no? I wasn’t implying you were a pink hat. If sellouts are based on tickets sold then will no fans mean 0 tickets sold out of 65,000 or 0 tickets sold out of 0? The latter shouldn’t snap any sellout streak.

FYI, you being a pink hat automatically disallows you from labeling anyone else a pink hat.

Uh, that’s his name no? I wasn’t implying you were a pink hat. If sellouts are based on tickets sold then will no fans mean 0 tickets sold out of 65,000 or 0 tickets sold out of 0? The latter shouldn’t snap any sellout streak.
Most of the 65000 are already sold to season ticket holders every year and the reast are reserved for away team fans and some Pats fans that aren't season ticket holders. Since they are reserved, they are considered spoken for so I think its still a sell out. So the Pats may have a sell out with no fans in the stadium but the Jaguars wouldn't because of such a low season ticket memeber number

Most of the 65000 are already sold to season ticket holders every year and the reast are reserved for away team fans and some Pats fans that aren't season ticket holders. Since they are reserved, they are considered spoken for so I think its still a sell out. So the Pats may have a sell out with no fans in the stadium but the Jaguars wouldn't because of such a low season ticket memeber number

Weird when you think about it but it makes sense. And those away tickets and “walk up” are probably spoken for too.

When you talk football, do you typically lead with sellout stats?

Sadly in my experience those idiots are seldom rendered speechless, they just move on to some other equally fatuous BS. Rinse, lather, repeat ad nauseum. The only thing I bother doing is the occasional knowing grin with an infrequent slight head shake. If it continues overlong I might add "Yeah I get it, six Lombardis has to be tough for you to choke down." While thinking to myself 'I survived the Sullivans & Kiam and man was I ever rewarded for it. I got mine you poor frustrated chump.'

heh....... "I liked the team so much, that I bought it!"
Man, I had almost forgot about him. Almost.

I fully expect to see fans in the seats when the season starts. Any public official who tries to keep the fans out of the seats is playing with fire, and probably risking their very lives if they work to keep the fans away.
It will never come to that. The league will be working with every team's locality and put up a cooperative, unified front on the decision to allow fans to attend games. There's too much on the line wrt taxpayer-funded stadiums, anti-trust exemptions, etc. for the league to be uncooperative with governments, let alone any PR fallout.

Regards,
Chris

While I really don’t care about sellout streaks, I think we can safely assume that any games played without fans won’t impact such streaks. They won’t be included in the total, but also won’t be considered to have ended the streak. It’ll be like an exhibition game in that regard.

heh....... "I liked the team so much, that I bought it!"
Man, I had almost forgot about him. Almost.

Would that we could huh? The wound may have healed but for those of us who lived through it that scar is never going away. Talk about some nasty ass razor burn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore