Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will be the 2019 season opener opponent?

• Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jetes

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • New Jersey Giants

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would choose Pittsburgh or Miami.
Unveiling banner no 6 in from of them would be epic and having Miami at home would be great to see how all the ex coaches do against Brady, BB and Josh ! Either game would have great storylines !

The big question seems to be tradition (opening night) vs. Pats fatigue. I think TV ratings ($$) wins out in the end, because it always does for the NFL, and they play at home Sunday night against a team with a large viewing audience (Giants, Eagles, Steelers, or Cowboys).
The big question is that Goodell is afraid of ducking out again so he wants to just eliminate the Pats as a possibility.

Oh give me an effin' break. Crap like this is why people ***** (sadly, sometimes correctly) about NE fans being spoiled brats.

It's not "random". It's celebrating the 100th anniversary of the NFL with a game between the two oldest teams currently in the league. Makes perfect sense. Get off your butthurt horse.
Sorry, disagree this time. Too much smoke.

Count me in th camp that thinks it’s weak if we as SB champs don’t host the Thursday opener.

Oh give me an effin' break. Crap like this is why people ***** (sadly, sometimes correctly) about NE fans being spoiled brats.

It's not "random". It's celebrating the 100th anniversary of the NFL with a game between the two oldest teams currently in the league. Makes perfect sense. Get off your butthurt horse.

No, it makes zero sense whatsoever. Zip. None. The Super Bowl winner of the previous season gets the opening Thursday night game for a reason. It's a reward for winning it all the year before. It gives them and the team they're playing against an extra three days off before Week 2. If the NFL wants to celebrate its 100 year anniversary, they can just as easily do it in the Sunday night showcase game. What did the Bears and Packers do this past season to earn that extra rest? One never even made the playoffs and the other one choked in the Wild Card round at home. It's ridiculous. People have been given good reasons to whine about New England fans being spoiled, but this is not one of them.

This isn't even a "Patriots fan" thing, I'd still find it stupid if the Rams won the SB and didn't get to host the opening night game.

Yes, it is random. You can celebrate the 100th anniversary on Sunday Night Football. This isn't the first [insert milestone in NFL history] that could have been used as an excuse to change the opening kickoff game format .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back