PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sean Payton Looking to Return Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobesmug

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score

Sean Payton is looking to return next year if the right circumstances arise. His main concern is having the right ownership.

Sean Payton is 58 and Belicheck is 70 this year.

Anyone thinking that Belicheck can be elite coach into his 70s is doing so without any evidence as decades of evidence shows that 70 is the wall for professional coaching.

Greg Poppovich is one GOAT BB coaches and he 20 years straight with a winning record. Since turning 70 he has had 3 straight losing seasons in a row.

Romeo Crennel broke the record for oldest NFL HC at 73. Before that George Halas held the record at 72.

To be clear, this thread is not at all a hit or smear piece against Belicheck, his legacy is cemented.

This is about who is best for the Patriots going forward.

A 71 year old HC next year when history proves that being a successful HC in the NFL at 70+ years has never been done before.

Sean Payton has been my favorite HC outside of Belicheck, and I think he is the perfect fit starting next year.

Mac Jones reminds me of Drew Brees, not a powerful arm, but smart and accurate. I think Payton would be the perfect mentor for Mac to tale his game to the next level.

What are everyone's thoughts on how Payton would look at HC with the Pats?

Next Cowboys coach. Already written in stone.

Sean Payton is looking to return next year if the right circumstances arise. His main concern is having the right ownership.

Sean Payton is 58 and Belicheck is 70 this year.

Anyone thinking that Belicheck can be elite coach into his 70s is doing so without any evidence as decades of evidence shows that 70 is the wall for professional coaching.

Greg Poppovich is one GOAT BB coaches and he 20 years straight with a winning record. Since turning 70 he has had 3 straight losing seasons in a row.

Romeo Crennel broke the record for oldest NFL HC at 73. Before that George Halas held the record at 72.

To be clear, this thread is not at all a hit or smear piece against Belicheck, his legacy is cemented.

This is about who is best for the Patriots going forward.

A 71 year old HC next year when history proves that being a successful HC in the NFL at 70+ years has never been done before.

Sean Payton has been my favorite HC outside of Belicheck, and I think he is the perfect fit starting next year.

Mac Jones reminds me of Drew Brees, not a powerful arm, but smart and accurate. I think Payton would be the perfect mentor for Mac to tale his game to the next level.

What are everyone's thoughts on how Payton would look at HC with the Pats?
BB can/will coach as long as he wants.

Im a big fan, but I doubt bb is ready to step down. Maybe if he was open to an assistant position for a couple of years until then but it’s saying return as a hc.

Did something happen between him and the saints? I could be way off and/or missing details but This feels like a deliberate move to get away from them

Next Cowboys coach. Already written in stone.
He made it clear ownership is the most important factor.

I don't see him ever putting up with Jerry Jones over ruling his decisions at the draft because Jones likes the shiny Wr diva

Im a big fan, but I doubt bb is ready to step down. Maybe if he was open to an assistant position for a couple of years until then but it’s saying return as a hc.

Did something happen between him and the saints? I could be way off and/or missing details but This feels like a deliberate move to get away from them
Payton no longer coaches. He retired from NO and is currently an analyst at Fox.

I could see BB moving into a front office role and Sean Payton being the HC. That would be an interesting pairing

Payton no longer coaches. He retired from NO and is currently an analyst at Fox.

I could see BB moving into a front office role and Sean Payton being the HC. That would be an interesting pairing

I know, I meant the whole stepping away from coaching and returning just a year later. Im not sure what his contract situation was there or if it was up but if it still had years on it kinda fishy to me

Sean Payton said he hates New Englanders, and everything about New England. He even hates the women. He’d rather coach youth football in Antarctica than live in New England. We can rule him out. Perhaps we can replace Belichick with the barista who worked alongside the Dolphins HC last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots