PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks may expose PATS as a .500 team YIKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, here we are... at least in position to make a run for a wild card. We're probably the only team in the NFL who could lose an MVP quarterback and sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer along with much of our starting line-up from week 1 and still at least be in playoff contention. I don't care though man. To be honest with you, I honestly thought the season was over in Week 1. I said to myself that day that I would be happy just to make the playoffs. So, I won't lose sleep as to whether or not we go to the Super Bowl this year. We have three more games, as you pointed out, against West divison opponents so there should be no excuse. We're in the driver's seat for a postseason bid. All we have to do now is steer the wheel. The Seahawks, meanwhile, have most of their starters if I'm not mistaken and still blow which is why I'm not sure why a Seahawks fan of all people decided to take time out of his life to come here and talk smack. :confused:

I like the attitude-regardless of circumstances, be happy for the position your team is in. Although, I will say, I did not write your season off when TB went down. I thought defense and running game would keep you in the hunt, especially with that schedule. Truely, you have lost games that you could very well have lost if TB were around. Now, would you lose ALL of them, no, but at the beginning of the year, SD,Pitt, Colts, and a stolen win by a Divisional or 2 was certainly possible.

but at the beginning of the year, SD,Pitt, Colts, and a stolen win by a Divisional or 2 was certainly possible.

Sure many of us made the statement at the begining of the year that those were the potential losses but with Tom none of us expected them all to be losses in fact we thought one or two of those would probably be it all year(throw Denver in the list as they usually are trouble for us).

Specifically the Colts and the 2 division losses would have been different with Tom. And Yes I included the Miami debacle because even if our de was as bad that day Tom likely keeps up with Miami's offense which at the time Cassel was just not ready to do.

I like the attitude-regardless of circumstances, be happy for the position your team is in. Although, I will say, I did not write your season off when TB went down. I thought defense and running game would keep you in the hunt, especially with that schedule. Truely, you have lost games that you could very well have lost if TB were around. Now, would you lose ALL of them, no, but at the beginning of the year, SD,Pitt, Colts, and a stolen win by a Divisional or 2 was certainly possible.

if brady's playing we're 12-0, maybe 11-1.

if brady's playing we're 12-0, maybe 11-1.

Whatever. How would you know? You guys thought the Giants had zero players that could start for your team last season. TB laughed off the 17 points. Several teams late in the season last year made great runs at knocking you off. The Raiders beat the Friggin' JETS this year. So, baloney on that, who knows.

My guess is you were one of those assclown Seachickens fans dancing in the streets when fatso, aka, Holmgren, came waddling into town promising multiple Super Bowl wins.

How'd that one work out for you?

Thanks for the laugh "puddle-chicken". BTW how's your local basketball and baseball teams doing these days. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If the Seahawks beat you on Sunday, (and I think you are ripe for the picking) this puts you at 7-7 in your last 14 games (including the Super Bowl). Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace in the history of the NFL?

Welcome Patriots to the world of mediocrity. We will be happy to show you around.
you have exsposed yourself as a moron lmao. good job douche bag.

And yet, here we are... at least in position to make a run for a wild card. We're probably the only team in the NFL who could lose an MVP quarterback and sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer along with much of our starting line-up from week 1 and still at least be in playoff contention. I don't care though man. To be honest with you, I honestly thought the season was over in Week 1. I said to myself that day that I would be happy just to make the playoffs. So, I won't lose sleep as to whether or not we go to the Super Bowl this year. We have three more games, as you pointed out, against West divison opponents so there should be no excuse. We're in the driver's seat for a postseason bid. All we have to do now is steer the wheel. The Seahawks, meanwhile, have most of their starters if I'm not mistaken and still blow which is why I'm not sure why a Seahawks fan of all people decided to take time out of his life to come here and talk smack. :confused:
Here's some more. You all like Football Outsiders, right??

" The four teams in that division have their stats this year remarkably skewed by the schedule, since they play six games against their equally mediocre division rivals plus four against the pathetic AFC West and four against the even more pathetic NFC West. If we rank schedules based on average DVOA of opponent -- for the whole year, not just the games played so far -- the four easiest schedules in the league belong to the four AFC East teams.

If every team in the NFL matches its current DVOA over the next four weeks, the 2008 AFC East will end up with three of the ten easiest schedules of the DVOA Era."

Here's some more. You all like Football Outsiders, right??

" The four teams in that division have their stats this year remarkably skewed by the schedule, since they play six games against their equally mediocre division rivals plus four against the pathetic AFC West and four against the even more pathetic NFC West. If we rank schedules based on average DVOA of opponent -- for the whole year, not just the games played so far -- the four easiest schedules in the league belong to the four AFC East teams.

If every team in the NFL matches its current DVOA over the next four weeks, the 2008 AFC East will end up with three of the ten easiest schedules of the DVOA Era."

And any good team should be able to finish with a winning record against a schedule like that. 10-6 will probably be our record this year (last loss probably coming against Buffalo) which would be remarkable with all the injuries we've suffered. Keep talking, buddy. Maybe you'll someday realize that most Pats fans are more proud of what the team was able to accomplish this year than what they did last year. I'd love to see the Colts or Giants do what we've done even against an easy schedule when both of your lovers are done for the year.

Whatever. How would you know? You guys thought the Giants had zero players that could start for your team last season. TB laughed off the 17 points.

And he should have said what exactly? "You know, they are absolutely right. They are going to completely shut us down and we're basically just a bunch of *****es". Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Whatever. How would you know? You guys thought the Giants had zero players that could start for your team last season. TB laughed off the 17 points.

TB laughed off the 17 points because that was the diplomatic thing to do. The reporter obviously wanted TB to jump on Burress' arrogance but TB just laughed and said the Giants are NFC champions so they should be confident.

How anyone could consider Brady instead of Burress the arrogant one is beyond my understanding.

Win or lose this Sunday, it's comforting to know that next year the Pats will be one of the best teasms in the NFL.... And the Seahawks will still suck.

Yeah all I need to do is look at the Super Bowl DVD in Detroit from 3 years ago. A Super Bowl we clearly won with an asterisk.

Hey Sea Hawker.

Which Penalties bother you the most? The one on 1st and 10 from the Pitt 16 that nulified the touchdown, that then gave the Hawks the ball 1st and 20 from the 26?

1st and 20, Alexander rush right, 1 yard
2nd and 19, Alexander rush left, - 4 yards.
3rd and 23, Incomplete pass.
4th down Field goal.

Way to over come a penalty.

Or are you upset about the Ben TD?

The one that started after the Seahawks had a 3 and out at the 8:37 mark of the 2nd qrt and the Steelers then got the ball at their own 41 yard line with 8:15 left before halftime and then drove the ball right down the field on a 6 minute 37 second drive that ended with a Reviewed Touchdown on a 3rd down.

Way to come back after that too, with a Missed Field goal right before the half from 54 yards out.

Or did the refs do something on the 75 yard TD run by Parker on the 2nd play of the 2nd half that you think was unfair?

Should I go on?

You going to complain about the holding penalty in the 4th qrt?
1st and 20 at the Pitt 29. SACK.
2nd and 25, Alexander 7 yard rush.
3rd and 18...Interception.

Was that the Refs fault too?

LOL, I never thought I would see a Super Bowl XL debate on this forum. Good stuff.

Seahakwer does have a point, they were robbed of that Super Bowl and it is a damn shame.

Thanks for the laugh "puddle-chicken". BTW how's your local basketball and baseball teams doing these days. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Their basebal team is pretty bad and their basketball team hasn't won a game this year. I also heard that attendance is down 100%.

If the Seahawks beat you on Sunday, (and I think you are ripe for the picking) this puts you at 7-7 in your last 14 games (including the Super Bowl). Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace in the history of the NFL?

Welcome Patriots to the world of mediocrity. We will be happy to show you around.

I rooted for the Seahawks in SB XL. But, once again they weren't up to the challenge. Hope you didn't sit in the rain to watch that.

How do you like your crow?

Considering the injuries that the Pats have suffered, the fact that they are 8-5 is pretty amazing.

3 more starters went out of today's game.

REALLY???? Let's see, when the Seahawks beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl, I mean the refs took it away from us, we won the division the next two years. This is Seattle's first down year, but will dominate again next year.

While I admit that the Seahawks were jobbed by the refs, what was the Seahawks records those following two years? You went 9-7 one year and then the next you went 10-6. Again, in the weakest division in all of Pro Football.

Consider how many key players the Pats are without, there is no way you would have guessed they'd be 8-5. I am very happy with this team's performance, all things considered.

Let me get this straight. You just said:

St Louis Rams - Weren't they annointed The Greatest Show On Turf?
Arizona Cardinals - Tearing up the NFL in offense with Warner, Boldin and Fitzgerald.
San Francisco 49ers - Five Super Bowls - Need I say more

Yeah you're right, this is a meaning less division.

SeaHawker - do you realize how ignorant you sound by mentioning things 8 years and MORE in the past?

Rams - Haven't been the greatest show on Turf since the 2001 regular season game against the Patriots.

49ers - They haven't won a SB since Steve Young retired.. That's been 10+ years?

Cardinals - They are FINALLY putting it together. They weren't good the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back