PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Malcolm Mitchell, WR

I like him too. Moved him and Charone Peake up my board in light of lafell's exit.

I like him too. Moved him and Charone Peake up my board in light of lafell's exit.
Have not watched Peake yet, but he is on my list. WR is becoming tough for me, there are a couple of guys I really like (Miller, Shepherd) and then a big group in that 3/4 range. If the Pats don't get one of the 2 I say wait and see what is left over when Day 3 roles around.

Thanks for putting these out. I'm glad to know so many of us tend to be on the same page -- it really reinforces my initial impressions. Mitchell seems like a good rotational piece for the Patriots who could show up on offense and special teams, and may even get considerations in specific defensive packages.

@midweatpatsfan - manman you guys are so appreciated for your hard work. If you both were on the Patriots WR Scout Team we would be envied at the position. That said I was doing some reading on potential Patriot WR with the thinking one day they will get it t right before the GOAT hangs them up *holding breath*. I think the way the Patriots brass evaluate WR's can be questioned. They are known as a Team that maximizes what players do best that approach have not translated to young WR's in over Ten years.:rolleyes: Back to my reading up on WR's who are potential fits.

manman I love Charone Peake Clemson have been a breeding ground for Pro WR's ie... D. Hopkins -Martavis Brayant - Sammy Watkins. That alone tells me: Charone Peake only flaw right now is his small hands like Aaron Dobson hope that's not a hinderance everything else says impact.

Josh Doctson = This WR class is not like recent years but I think there is something for everbody Doctson have all the tools to succeed I think he might me more ready than some Scouts think.

Tyler Boyd = He lines up all over the field inside/outside the Patriots love WR's with position versatility Boyd right now is my favorite I love WR's who attacks the football in the air.

Sterling Shepard = Yeah I know how you guys feel about him.:cool:

Tajae Sharpe = This guy is from our backyard seems like a jack of all trades type player that does every thing well...I think his negatives are easily correctable.

Daniel Braverman = His Draft bio sceams Patriot Slot Receiver.

Kenny Lawler = I think Lawler is underrated and maybe much better than regarded...another guy who can like up all over the field.

With the extra Second and Third the Patriots can double dip at WR early.

@midweatpatsfan - manman you guys are so appreciated for your hard work. If you both were on the Patriots WR Scout Team we would be envied at the position. That said I was doing some reading on potential Patriot WR with the thinking one day they will get it t right before the GOAT hangs them up *holding breath*. I think the way the Patriots brass evaluate WR's can be questioned. They are known as a Team that maximizes what players do best that approach have not translated to young WR's in over Ten years.:rolleyes: Back to my reading up on WR's who are potential fits.

manman I love Charone Peake Clemson have been a breeding ground for Pro WR's ie... D. Hopkins -Martavis Brayant - Sammy Watkins. That alone tells me: Charone Peake only flaw right now is his small hands like Aaron Dobson hope that's not a hinderance everything else says impact.

Josh Doctson = This WR class is not like recent years but I think there is something for everbody Doctson have all the tools to succeed I think he might me more ready than some Scouts think.

Tyler Boyd = He lines up all over the field inside/outside the Patriots love WR's with position versatility Boyd right now is my favorite I love WR's who attacks the football in the air.

Tajae Sharpe = This guy is from our backyard seems like a jack of all trades type player that does every thing well...I think his negatives are easily correctable.

Kenny Lawler = I think Lawler is underrated and maybe much better than regarded...another guy who can like up all over the field.

I need to do more work on Peake, so I will not comment on him right now.

Love Doctson, not much difference between him and Treadwell.

Boyd-great route runner, excellent body control and hands. Struggled to get open in college despite being a savvy route runner, which is scary at the next level

Shepherd- Like you said, we have said all we need to say.

Sharpe- lanky, can get pushed around, lacks speed and explosion. He to struggles to create seperation. Great hands and good routes. Similar to Boyd IMO, but Boyd better built, more physical.

Braverman-you said it, perfect fit for Pats. Tough, quicker than fast, reliable hands. plays with chip on his shoulder.

Lawler- Falls in a group of guys around the late 3rd/4th. Fantastic hands, body control. Tracks the ball well. Thin framed and lacks speed and explosion. Not physical enough to be a possession receiver, not fast enough to be a deep threat. Catches everything and has a spot somewhere, just not sure where.

Excellent breakdown. I enjoy watching Tyler Boyd but his size and relative lack of athleticism concern me - I just don't know if he'll get open consistently. Peake reminds me a little of 'good' LaFell. Diction is great but won't be there for us. Shepard is outstanding but I'm not sure he's what we need right now unless they move on from Amendola. I haven't watched Lawler yet. I need to.

And thanks for your kind words.

Excellent breakdown. I enjoy watching Tyler Boyd but his size and relative lack of athleticism concern me - I just don't know if he'll get open consistently. Peake reminds me a little of 'good' LaFell. Diction is great but won't be there for us. Shepard is outstanding but I'm not sure he's what we need right now unless they move on from Amendola. I haven't watched Lawler yet. I need to.

And thanks for your kind words.

I really think charone Peake is goin to fly under the radar and might be available in the 5th or 6th round(hopefully). He's a bigger receiver and reminds me of lafell so much, and Brady had a good connection with him in his first year.

But I've been watching tape on carroo and if somebody sees something different than me please post it, but does it seem that he's always making his catches with a defender in his pocket? Yeah he's still making the catch but I'm not sure how he'll do in the league if he can't create some separation.

And lasty, what do you guys the of mike Thomas out of southern miss. I just started watching some of his tape and he was one of the only bright spots on that team.

I really think charone Peake is goin to fly under the radar and might be available in the 5th or 6th round(hopefully). He's a bigger receiver and reminds me of lafell so much, and Brady had a good connection with him in his first year.

But I've been watching tape on carroo and if somebody sees something different than me please post it, but does it seem that he's always making his catches with a defender in his pocket? Yeah he's still making the catch but I'm not sure how he'll do in the league if he can't create some separation.

And lasty, what do you guys the of mike Thomas out of southern miss. I just started watching some of his tape and he was one of the only bright spots on that team.

1. Agree on Peake. One of the guys I really like for that LaFell (or Dobson) spot.

2. I need to go back and watch Carroo and Thomas. Thomas intrigues me as a later round guy.

3. I heard an interview with Malcolm Mitchell the other day. Well spoken and intelligent. Sounded just like a Patriot player.

I also like Mitchell, and if it weren't for his scary injury history would be rated a full round higher.
I'll be looking for him starting at the end of the 3rd round.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back