PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schilling's Tank is empty Tonight

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hopefully Francona yanks him early .... Schill is dead. Unfortunately I would feel better if Tavares was in the pen ... instead it's snyder.

Hopefully Francona yanks him early .... Schill is dead. Unfortunately I would feel better if Tavares was in the pen ... instead it's snyder.

Nah............ Schill ain't the schill of old....... but he's out there gaming his pitches and working for everything he gets.

He could use a little support behind him. Of course, the ump's sporting a seriously pulsating zone out there tonight. Up, down, in, out...... Jesus, you just can't keep track of it.

you must be watching a different game then i am.

Guess I had some old Sox in me in the 1st and 2nd inning.

Glad to be wrong ... perhaps he read this thread between
innings and I pissed him off. :rofl: ;)

Taveres who? LOL.

Schilling pitched 6 1/3 strong. Then Okajima and Paplebon did their usual magic. This is why the Sox have the advantage in a series. They can leverage their pitching. Outstanding effort by the Sox pitching staff tonight, including the bullpen.

Taveres who? LOL.

Schilling pitched 6 1/3 strong. Then Okajima and Paplebon did their usual magic. This is why the Sox have the advantage in a series. They can leverage their pitching. Outstanding effort by the Sox pitching staff tonight, including the bullpen.

Fell asleep during the game, but from what I read this AM.. was a stellar showing all around.. up 2-0 good place to be, but need to keep up their intensity.

:D Schilling + PapeJima = 2 - 0 :D
:eat3:

Last edited:
Schill went out and did what he needed to do last night.

its hard to get rid of the old sox in you.i have some myself.1986 had a devastating effect on my emotional well being .i will never fully recover lol

Glad to be wrong ... perhaps he read this thread between
innings and I pissed him off. :rofl: ;)

When one has the Shilling of old in their head, throwing the 97 mph fast ball when he needed to, no doubt he looks like a shell of his former self.

But he just shows how all his scouting and studying comes in handy, knowing where to place the ball, even if its only going in the mid-80s, to get the batters to strike out, ground out or pop up.

It's almost like watching Wakefield confound players with a 70 mph knuckler - it looks like they should be teeing off but they can't

Now I'm not sure if Shilling's arm can continue even where it is now for the next 2-3 years - anything less than he's bringing now and they WILL tee off - but I'd take him before a lot of pitchers still... especially hearing that Wakefield's career could be over as well.

It was good to see Schill get out there and take care a game in the post season like that. This are looking good for the Sox and hopefully they keep it up.

its hard to get rid of the old sox in you.i have some myself.1986 had a devastating effect on my emotional well being .i will never fully recover lol

I still haven't ... Francona being the manager now has made it worse for me. I am 99.9999% certain, Francona would have had Dave Stapleton out there. When that inning started i could not believe Buckner was out there.
As Dr. Smith of Lost In Space used to say ... "Ohhhh, the pain....the pain".

Taveres who? LOL.

he pitched 5+, not 6+

I still haven't ... Francona being the manager now has made it worse for me. I am 99.9999% certain, Francona would have had Dave Stapleton out there. When that inning started i could not believe Buckner was out there.
As Dr. Smith of Lost In Space used to say ... "Ohhhh, the pain....the pain".
can you believe they are two games from winning another WS?did you sit back and think about that ?not just another ws but two away from two in four years.mind blowing .

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back