PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

The most interesting thing about his is seeing if Zac Robinson goes with him to Atlanta as OC.
It's obvious but wait Atlanta has no QB unless cousins goes there or they trade for fields .

The bit of good news for the Patriots is any concern that Belichick would have his team bid for Dugger this year and Peppers or Barmore next year.

Anyone who thinks Belichick is no longer a good coach has absolutely no idea about football.
Not sure anyone thinks that but that isn’t the issue. The issue is Bill has been awful with personnel and coaching hires. Can’t just take the coach, gotta take the whole thing.

Bet he ends up with the Giants next year when they fire Daboll

Not a bad idea to look into. Sadly I think this means Josh McDaniels is our favorite for OC now that he can't ride Bill's coattails somewhere.
We can do worse than Josh. I think we all want a McVeigh disciple but despite being a terrible HC, he is a decent offensive coordinator.

It’s not the end of the world if he’s back. We should actually be in a bit of panic mode. Might be wise to get on the phone with Josh before he finds some job elsewhere.

I don’t think Robinson is coming here.

Last edited:
I personally think BB didn’t really fancy any of the jobs available. He’s waiting for the eagles spot to open up. That would be the best situation, hands-down. If not, he’ll sit the year out.

I personally think BB didn’t really fancy any of the jobs available. He’s waiting for the eagles spot to open up. That would be the best situation, hands-down. If not, he’ll sit the year out.
I actually think other teams simply did their homework. The only team that should’ve considered him was one that had the talent to win now and that was Dallas.

Once they passed it felt like Bill would be hard pressed to get a job.

I looked at Morris' career again and it's slightly more of an interesting hire than I initially thought. If you assume he got that first HC job before he was ready and that he deserves a second chance then since that first stint he was on the ATL staff that we beat and the Rams team that recently won. Interesting enough he's listed as the passing game coordinator and assistant HC during his time in ATL.

In my mind the ideal scenario is Vrabel not getting a job and comes back to the Pats for his gap year and is the DC/assistant HC and mentors Mayo. In my mind a McDaniel/Vrabel combo as your coordinators would give you a MONSTER head start on this year. That combo would allow Mayo do what he does best, which is LEAD the operation
I can see Josh coming back. If Vrabel would come here as DC that would be a win!

Eagles hired Fangio as DC. Bill will not go there. Giants more likely

Not sure anyone thinks that but that isn’t the issue. The issue is Bill has been awful with personnel and coaching hires. Can’t just take the coach, gotta take the whole thing.

Bet he ends up with the Giants next year when they fire Daboll
Well, we disagree (coaching hire, well, specifically one coaching hire, Patricia yes, but for that thing to be determinative is crazy). The drafts pre-2020 were bad for 4 years, but there was a lot of wasted draft capital to put the team over the top before that. Last 4 years the drafts have been good/fine.

I looked at Morris' career again and it's slightly more of an interesting hire than I initially thought. If you assume he got that first HC job before he was ready and that he deserves a second chance then since that first stint he was on the ATL staff that we beat and the Rams team that recently won. Interesting enough he's listed as the passing game coordinator and assistant HC during his time in ATL.
I just think the Rams D plays pattycake and that it's pretty soft. We'll see though

I think Vrabel not getting the job is even weirder. He seems like such a good candidate to me? Why wouldn’t any of the teams want him?

Tough wasted year for Bill if that's the case. None of us saw this coming admit it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back