PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Pats won't try to recoup lost picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a different world Kraft lives in....not one of fans and players..he's made decisions based on that fact

Let Belichick trade up as far as he can in the second round. Outsmart the NFL by getting the 33rd as opposed to the 32nd. Now that would be genius! :D

Though I wonder what it would cost us to do that

Let Belichick trade up as far as he can in the second round. That could potentially lessen the impact of this loss.

Though I wonder what it would cost us to do that
Or hopefully our draft class this year will be a really strong one

We knew this would be the case. No first round pick for the Patriots makes me sad. Hope they go and win the superbowl, so it is the lost talent is minimal.

It's the language between the owners, Kraft pushed the envelope in the Saints issue and others, now he's drinking his poison.

It's going to be even more satisfying keep on winning even crippled by the league, 38-0

It's the language between the owners, Kraft pushed the envelope in the Saints issue and others, now he's drinking his poison.

I have a new sig pic idea. May I quote you? :D

He's pretty late on this

Not to be facetious, but there are only two potential options:

(1) Appealing to Goodell, who'd be about as likely to return those picks as he would to commit seppuku on live television, or
(2) A court case they'd be extremely unlikely to win from the get-go.

Again, I won't call Kraft a coward. I think you can call him naive, although, honestly, the only way he had any chance of getting the picks back was a lawsuit, and that would be difficult at best to win (in part b/c of the NFL by-laws).

Its like the scene in Goodfellas when Tootie and Vinny wack Tommy D. He may or may not have deserved it but nonetheless, it would have been and effort in futility for Henry Hill and Jimmy Conway to try and right a wrong.

They are knocking over the proverbial pay phone booth and sitting there and taking it.

It's going to be even more satisfying keep on winning even crippled by the league, 38-0
Though it could be cameraplacementgate that caused Kraft to take such a position in the first place. Still, it sickens me to see him supporting Goodell and I certainly hope he never expects us to accept that he's a true fan of the team.

(1) Appealing to Goodell, who'd be about as likely to return those picks as he would to commit seppuku on live television, or

Again, I won't call Kraft a coward. I think you can call him naive, although, honestly, the only way he had any chance of getting the picks back was a lawsuit, and that would be difficult at best to win (in part b/c of the NFL by-laws).

Third option: get loud and angry, hit the airwaves, and take the PR war to Goodell. Would it work? Probably not. But it would make damn sure that Goodell takes a PR hit for upholding such a self-evidently stupid penalty. Make sure you take a bite out of him, so that he--and whoever comes after him--will have to be more careful before he uses your franchise as a punching bag to rehab his public image again.

Goodell's already come after us twice, and has emerged entirely unscathed from the Pats' actions. Brady alone took the fight to him, and Brady alone made him pay. As far as I'm concerned, ownership has an obligation to stand up for the team in that same way. We deserve an owner who values the interests of his franchise over the interests of his billionares' club. Kraft is clearly not that guy.

J. Kraft said this on the radio yesterday. Great inside info Adam.

Krafts suck, can we get BB and Brady to buy the team.

I think there's a rule that you cannot own 2 teams in the league; conflict of interest. BB and Brady already own the Bills.

But but this all has to be a part of some sort of Machiavellian scheme that he and his lawyers have going on behind the scenes. Yeah. Yeah... that's the ticket.

Last edited:

Neither of those options require the Kraft's to hit the air and announce they won't try to get the picks back.

At the very least he should have let the issue hang so Goodell had to answer uncomfortable questions from reporters over and over that make him look silly.

J. Kraft said this on the radio yesterday. Great inside info Adam.

Krafts suck, can we get BB and Brady to buy the team.
I doubt they have the coin, but maybe Donald Trump could buy it and make his friend TB the head of Football Operations and Belichick President.

EDIT: Mumble...mumble...mumble...wasn't it clear that that was a ****ing joke? Sometimes, I really do wonder....

Last edited:
pats would go nowhere in trying to get the picks. goodell would have denied any appeal. and there are no labor laws that would help the organization in court, unlike the case with brady.

kraft still should have appealed to make a point that the team didn't think brady did anything.

i think trump would have made a better owner than kraft. trump would have gone paycho on the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick