PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Just based on the facts...Brady thinking/setting up to leave NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is selling his house for over $30 million in Massachusetts. He could be sitting on that house for years. This isn't Los Angeles, Palm Beach, or Miami where sales this size happen all the time.

And he is also building a mansion in CT. That could take two or even three years to complete.

Brady is obviously moving on from his time in Massachusetts, but it may not be this year. And even if he moves to CT as quickly as this offseason, he would be living away from home next season whether it is with the Pats or say TN. The only teams he could commute from home in CT would be the Jets and the Giants and neither would be in the market for his services since both have QBs they are trying to make their QBs of the future.

Raptor Jesus told me not to worry

He already has a penthouse in Manhattan and had a mansion (that he had since sold) in SoCal. So I guess he is/was supposed to play for the Jets/Giants/Chargers.....

Between him and Giesel, they have more money than I can ever dream of. Brady himself said his house doesn't move as fast as the average listing on Zillow. It may take them years to unload it. And if Brady is gone, I HIGHLY doubt he goes to play in NY (nearest city). He just wants to settle down closer to his eldest son.

That's at least how I see things. They can sell the Mass mansion and 'downgrade' to a 5000 sqft house/condo near or in Boston for his final year or two. Nothing in these news says or reads to me that he's done at the end of the season.

I really hope it's just some bs smoke

I really hope it's just some bs smoke

I feel Schefter is either acting like a troll or he has info he can't yet report

I found the video so everyone can watch it can judge for themselves:

If they go 19-0, what's left for Brady to accomplish? And that would be 7 out of 10 Super Bowls. It would punctuate the end to a stellar career...

The idea of Brady ending his career elsewhere really bugs me, especially after trading away JG with the thought process of preventing that outcome.

If that's what he chooses, obviously out of our hands, but it would be a pretty sh*tty way to go IMO.
Not me, nobody cares that Jerry rice went to oakland. No one cares that joe Montana went to Kansas City. Do I want Brady to retire in NE? Of course but I think Stidham can grow and replace Brady. He has the arm to do it.

The part about this that makes it possible is that McDaniels and Caserio going anywhere together this summer would allow Brady to keep his structure intact.

I just don’t think it’s a crazy idea that Brady goes this summer. Gronk following would make sense as well.

Had the Giants not gone all in on Danny Dimes, I would’ve put it at even money he ended up there. Now, it’s hard to figure his landing spot. Maybe the Bears.

The part about this that makes it possible is that McDaniels and Caserio going anywhere together this summer would allow Brady to keep his structure intact.

I just don’t think it’s a crazy idea that Brady goes this summer. Gronk following would make sense as well.

Had the Giants not gone all in on Danny Dimes, I would’ve put it at even money he ended up there. Now, it’s hard to figure his landing spot. Maybe the Bears.

Maybe SF thinks Jimmy G is trash they trade him back and sign Brady to win now

Brady isn’t Brady without BB.

Yeah, maybe.

much more realistic than him ending up in Chicago or so imo. If he doesn't play for NE in 20 he most likely retires but SF is the one other scenario I could see.

much more realistic than him ending up in Chicago or so imo. If he doesn't play for NE in 20 he most likely retires but SF is the one other scenario I could see.
Long way from CT.

Schefter is a Michigan man, like Brady.

Schefter could be carrying Brady's water on this one. Trolling BB and Kraft via the media as a way of expressing his displeasure with his contract situation and other situations (Guerrero banishment, etc.).

I think both parties would like to keep this train rolling along, if it makes sense for everyone involved. Brady could be saying, via the media, stop f!cking with me and treat me with the modicum of respect that I have earned.

Hopefully these media touted breadcrumbs act as smelling salts for BB and Kraft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back