PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

Well Kraft didn't get the idea from the bottom of a bottle or out of some 20 year old's ass.
Well, he wasn't drunk. If you have concerns about his health, that's different.

The only amazing thing I see on this thread is how no one is asking for Kraft to walk away from football

Not only he's completely gutless, he's past that retirement point of "enjoying life" to being completely shameless.

Personally? I doubt Kraft fired BB, i think BB was too adamant of relinquising control and couldn't trust RK to make good decisions.

Ever since deflategate, EVERYTHING Kraft does irks me, it's actually incredible
I am one of those people, maybe not in this thread but in others.

I can already here the IBWT cabal next October, when the Pats are off to a 1-4 start...."ARE TOU HAPPY NOW!!!
Hey be nice, it was only year 4 of the 25 year rebuild.

Order of importance in winning football games:

1. Players
2. Coaches

5724. Owner

I don’t know how people feel loyalty to RK, especially after deflate gate and ruining our Super Bowl offseason with his sex trafficking supporting stupidity.

Kraft said they were waiting for this to be done before beginning the search for GM/HC. Said they will be announcing something in the upcoming days. Sounds like they had a plan. I'm feeling hopeful they thought this through for a while. Maybe Curran is right and it is Mayo.

One thing to consider with BB - is that he HAD to know that his team had failed 3 of the last 4 years.
He's the guy that preaches accountability, competition and doing your job. So, when you don't for multiple seasons, it's only right to be held accountable. I think at his core, he understood what had to happen...
Which leads to my point that I don't think he's mad at Kraft or didn't accept the "mutual" part of the separation.

Kraft said they were waiting for this to be done before beginning the search for GM/HC. Said they will be announcing something in the upcoming days. Sounds like they had a plan. I'm feeling hopeful they thought this through for a while. Maybe Curran is right and it is Mayo.
I really hope it's not Mayo. That would be a very bad step - for the team & Mayo. He'll have much less leeway WHEN he loses 10 games for 2 straight years and gets fired.

I can not see Kraft walking back on his Mayo will be a great head coach comment and hiring a white guy instead in the middle of the league's DEI initiative. Kraft loves to be the good soldier for the other owners.
Because he made those Mayo comments...,its hard to retreat from those.
Mayo may be good if the right GM is hired and a top notch OC is brought in

One thing to consider with BB - is that he HAD to know that his team had failed 3 of the last 4 years.
He's the guy that preaches accountability, competition and doing your job. So, when you don't for multiple seasons, it's only right to be held accountable. I think at his core, he understood what had to happen...
Which leads to my point that I don't think he's mad at Kraft or didn't accept the "mutual" part of the separation.
Who knows for real

But didn't Mayo reportedly stayed with the promise he would be next HC?

Makes logical sense to stick to it. I won't go as far as say that I don't like the move, becaue Mayo seems to be "Player's coach", and his defense was the bright spot for us for a more than a couple of years now

I am PRAYING he finds EXCELLENT personnel to surround himself with. Including (and maybe even preferably) going out of the "Trusted circle" from BB. I've said it before, but the hierarchical structure of the Pats coaching staff has been disgusting for year.

Also, get rid of Steve Bellichick. He's good, don't get me wrong, but for his own sake, he NEEDS to get out his dad's shadow to get real credibility, imo. Another defensive HC getting the nod, and him not having any other experience outside the Pats system, is not a great resume and message overall. IF the next coaching staff fails - and it's "BB's legacy"- it's going to look very bad for him

Mayo doesn't have any other circle. He has no other relationships or experience with any other good up-and-coming coaches.
That's one of the problems. He only has 4 years total of coaching, and only in the demise of the dynasty.
If they give him the HC job, it will be as a semi-puppet because they'll force some asst's on him, and the whole Offense system.

1. Players
2. Coaches

5724. Owner

I don’t know how people feel loyalty to RK, especially after deflate gate and ruining our Super Bowl offseason with his sex trafficking supporting stupidity.

Funny enough, you can create a list for reasons why franchises lose and bad owner is gonna be near the top.

1. Players
2. Coaches

5724. Owner

Ask a fanbase who has had incompetent ownership how that goes. There's a reason that since the 2000's Kraft, Mara, Rooney, Bisciotti, Bowlen, and Hunt have had the most successful franchises and why people like Spanos, Snyder, Haslam, Woody, etc all found ways to torpedo anything good they ever had.

Who knows for real

But didn't Mayo reportedly stayed with the promise he would be next HC?

Makes logical sense to stick to it. I won't go as far as say that I don't like the move, becaue Mayo seems to be "Player's coach", and his defense was the bright spot for us for a more than a couple of years now

I am PRAYING he finds EXCELLENT personnel to surround himself with. Including (and maybe even preferably) going out of the "Trusted circle" from BB. I've said it before, but the hierarchical structure of the Pats coaching staff has been disgusting for year.

Also, get rid of Steve Bellichick. He's good, don't get me wrong, but for his own sake, he NEEDS to get out his dad's shadow to get real credibility, imo. Another defensive HC getting the nod, and him not having any other experience outside the Pats system, is not a great resume and message overall. IF the next coaching staff fails - and it's "BB's legacy"- it's going to look very bad for him
Steve would be building his resume by being named DC.

On Offense, we could start with BOB and Josh, but much more is needed. BOB can finally name his own staff. Certainly, Judge and Brown should be gone.

Funny enough, you can create a list for reasons why franchises lose and bad owner is gonna be near the top.
Yup. The worst franchises in the NFL all have nightmare scenarios at ownership with their fanbases begging for a sale. There's a reason once New England got a serious owner they morphed from unremarkable franchise to consistently relevant.

Ask a fanbase who has had incompetent ownership how that goes. There's a reason that since the 2000's Kraft, Mara, Rooney, Bisciotti, Bowlen, and Hunt have had the most successful franchises and why people like Spanos, Snyder, Haslam, Woody, etc all found ways to torpedo anything good they ever had.
Those owners are patient and give their coaches time. RK gave the GOAT coach two seasons considering we made the playoffs in 2021.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back