PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

None of the wording is super clear on it, possible that he is still under contract and he will just negotiate with other teams and then the Pats will work out compensation with them after - i.e. if Atlanta hires him, they can get a 2nd or something.

But in all likelihood he is probably just being fired and they’re dressing it up better.
They're not getting any compensation. Forget about it.

I have a real bad feeling that Corky Mac Jones is staying put and that Kraft has plans to build around him.

If MHJr is there at # 3 he is a Patriot.

The Krafts don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a decision they’ll come to regret.

I also think back in the history of the team. They’ve had 3 owners. Each owner made one and only one good coaching hiring decision. In all 3 cases (Fairbanks, Parcells, Belichick) it ended badly. This is a bad separation with the coach.

The Krafts have done many good things. The Sullivans also did many good things. Kiam didn’t do anything good. But at the end of the day, I think of the Sullivans as not being up to the task of running an NFL franchise (ie they didn’t know what they were doing). In 5 years I have every confidence that this is how I’m also going to think of the Krafts

This will be highlighted even more when Bill builds another winning franchise. Everyone will be like 'of course he was gonna win again he's won 6 SBs'.

Knew this was gonna end when we found out Kraft meddled and forced BoB on BB. He's a clown for that.

First domino, and it's a heavy one in many ways. Will miss the ol grumpster on our sidelines. Too many memories to remember them all; too many memories to forget them all.

Anxious about what's next now, not just for our staff but BB's next move. We might be needing a Chargers or Cowboys subforum.

Sad that Bill went out the way he did here….but this move is long overdue….team has been on decline and in disarray for past four seasons. The worst two being last year and this, and there was no way to run it back again next year the way things have been going. I wish Bill the best of luck in the future!
Home loss to the Jets. Brutal.

I’m not so sure Bill is no longer coaching.
Agreed, I was just pointing out that the twos Goats out of their existing jobs. Maybe Bill talks Nick into being his DC again. LOL!

Now im curious what Kraft does with Vrabel being available. If he were still HC in Tennessee I’d say for sure Mayo would be the favorite. Is Mayo still the favorite with Vrabel being available?

If Curran is right again it’s going to be Mayo.
I know Mayo wouldn't be happy but I'm in favor of Vrabel right now. Mayo could be DC and be Top candidate for HC job next year.

BB is an old School HC that just don't connect with this New Generation.

Can someone run a wellness check on Andy please?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back