PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB Opponents Discussion: 2014 Seahawks vs. 2016 Falcons vs. 2017 Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I respect the Eagles but I do feel that they are being overrated in order to “even the playing field” so to speak in regards to the Patriots. If Brady has 2-3 seconds, he will pick ANY defense apart. The Eagles’ defense is based around their DL, NOT their LB & Secondary. They can/will be had. Remember, the media always needs a narrative in order to develop storylines. We’re about to do something special AGAIN!!! (But what else is new? :rolleyes:) This is the second time that we can achieve 3SBs within a 4 year span. That’s a HUUUGE deal. I don’t think we miss out on that chance.

Exactly. The same experts who were picking against the Eagles vs the Falcons and Minny now say they are the second coming. Now they are being compared to Seattle 14 which is laughable. Brady has faced better defenses, and on a neutral field that will account for something.

If the Pats get a fast start, I'm thinking Jax @ Pit style - we won't be seeing very many RPO's called.

Or maybe the greatest defensive play in NFL history?? ;) There was no guarantee that Marshawn would score
That too.

Y'know....I never have a problem with the pass play. Its THAT pass play. There was some stat which said SEA was 1-11 on TD attempts vs rushing from < 5yds in.

Should have been a roll-out, play-action or a fade. Even maybe a QB keeper.

They were just so panicked and confused.

Just a bad call and a bad read made by Bevell and Wilson.

They cracked.

Oh well

Seattle D`s weakest link was DL and they had Bennett, Avril and McDaniel. LB corps was amazing with Wagner, Irvin and Wright, SB MVP Malcolm Smith was coming off the bench. Secondary had 3 Pro Bowlers and Maxwell who was great #2 CB. Doesnt seem that the Falcons or Eagles are nowhere near that level.

Philly D is by far the best Defense a Patriots team has faced since 1986.

At least that's what I keep hearing on the radio for the past 2-weeks.

They pretty much shut-out Atlanta. Only points came on short fields from turnovers.

Aside from the first drive they shut out the Vikings.

How is Tom Brady going to score?

Philly D is by far the best Defense a Patriots team has faced since 1986.

At least that's what I keep hearing on the radio for the past 2-weeks.

They pretty much shut-out Atlanta. Only points came on short fields from turnovers.

Aside from the first drive they shut out the Vikings.

How is Tom Brady going to score?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Seattle was a much better team than this Eagles team, the Patriots had to execute their offensive game plan almost perfectly to beat them. And as far as team speed goes Atlanta was much faster and much scarier than the Eagles. The Eagles are a good team but without Wentz I don’t think they can beat the Patriots. And while the Patriots have had s few notable losses to backup QB’s over the yeats it has never happened to them In the playoffs or Super Bowl.

Bottom line for me is that if the Patriots can’t beat the Eagles with Foles at QB then they simply don’t deserve to be the champions.

I think Seattle was the most talented, but on D they tended to do their thing and dare the offense to try and make successful adjustments. Fortunately, the Pats were up to the task.

Atlanta coached up a great defensive gameplan, aided by Gronk's absence, but Brady was insanely accurate in the 2nd half and OT and pulled off the miracle. On O, Atlanta really crumbled once the Pats started loading the box to stop the run, brought 5 against Ryan and dared their CBs to hold up in man. Kind of made both Ryan and their OL look like a paper tiger.

Philly is going to have to put in the extra schematic effort on D, much like Atlanta did, to hope to hold down this offense. If they do what Seattle did and stayed true to form to what was on film, they'll get torched because their back 7 isn't as good as Seattle's. Maybe they put Barnett over Thuney to create problems like Houston's Mercilus did in the divisional last year. They need something unseen. On O, I think the Pats need to play in the box and attack much like they did in the 2nd half of Atlanta last year. Dare Foles to beat them. I think he caves like Ryan did.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes