• LA

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Mahomes Choked

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Ray Lewis Killed the SB

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First off, I admit I was dead wrong about the Chiefs. Mahomes choked. I've updated my avatar accordingly

Nonetheless, we are all Americans. And SB Sunday is an event 100 million watch annually.

Personally, I think it's the Rams year. They are at home. They got the best defense in football. Cincinnati is good. I think LA is great.

26-14 LA

Who do you think wins?
You know... I (and others) keep thinking/asking why you're here, and then I remember that after the Patriots' loss, I said I was going to take a break from football / this forum for a few months, but noooo.... let's visit almost every day because it's so darn informative. Heck, I've even started looking at draft stuff, and I used to never do any draft stuff except for maybe watching the 1st round (and expecting the Pats to trade out, anyway).

Narrowly rooting for the Bengals because they haven't won it before, but I think Cooper Kupp is going to continue to carry the Rams to the victory.

Im pulling for aaron donald and stafford, but I think cincy wins. The rams make too many mistakes, their pure talent overcame them the last 2 games, but barely . I think cincy is gonna be tougher for them, and the Bengals have been doing good in the turnover department as well as playing suprisingly well on defense. They are playing playoff football. The rams SHOULD win but I think they choke it away.

I personally don't care who wins. Don't hate or like either. Indifferent.

I think the big matchup will be the Rams offense against the Bengals D. Because I think the Rams defense will hold Cincinnati's offense to 17.

So....

Does Stafford play as well as he has this postseason?

Can the Bengals D get points off turnovers. Can they make Stafford mortal like they did Mahomes?

It's very possible Kupp is a better receiver than Hill. And the remaining Rams receivers are better than the 2's and 3's of KC.

The Bengals (Imo) won't win in a shootout because of how good the Rams D is.

Honestly don’t know. But the obvious pressure point is the Rams D-Line vs the Bengals O-Line.
That favors the Rams.

Taylor will need to find a way to somewhat combat Donald & company.

Don't have much rooting interest either way. I think it will be a great game. I expect the Rams to win. They are a wagon this year.

Well, that's what the media guys say about him any way, but... yesterday when the game got tight at the end, he was making some pretty bad throws. We'll have to see I guess.

Cincy's D really gave Mahomes problems, and that more than anything won Cincy the game
You're absolutely right. They locked it down in the second half. Mahomes danced around way too much and it cost him. Throwaways would have saved them so much field position.

I do recall some errant passes from Burrow as well. One to the sideline while he ran out to his right that the defender almost made a great interception on. The difference was that the Bengals were actually able to capitalize on Mahomes' final interception.

All in on Cincy getting in the Super Bowl win column. Be nice to see.

Like to see a franchise build a team, take their lumps and get better, you know, earn it.

The rams are just an example of them going all in ... trading away their future (no first rounder til 2024), sucking up every free agent talent like a lot lizard at a truck stop... all so mr walmart gets a one shot to get his team to the super bowl while its being held at kronkeworld... it typifies all thats wrong in the nfl... If goodell was typified in a team, it's the 2022 la rams of st louis

and screw Faulk and all the rams who try to perpetuate spygate to this day!

Although the Bengals seem to be a team of destiny, I think the Rams win.

Have to say Cincy but won't be surprised if the Rams are the team to stop their train.

Rooting for Cincy as well, because **** LA.

I’m mostly impartial but I will probably root for Cinci a little bit as the underdogs. I also think it would be pretty funny if Stafford returns to form, throws a few picks and blows it.

I think the Rams are just too tough this year. I expect them to win by 10. I'm rooting for the Bengals though.

Who wins ? I do not know and do not care because both teams are totally indifferent to me. However Rams have staked everything on one card this season and they have got a chance of a lifetime to achieve success. Like it or not they have created a small dream team. Donald, Von Miller, Ramsey, Kupp, Beckham - I doubt they will keep them next season.

It will depend on who I put in my draft kings lineup. I do like Burrow over Stafford, however. I can see me rooting for OBJ to fail, so I might be leaning on the Cincy side of the aisle. But I will be rooting for Sony to have a day too, so there's that. I won't mind if Aaron Donald blows up the game, either. Same with Jamaar Chase. I guess I am rooting for good football.

The Chiefs demonstrated why consistent winning in the NFL is so hard. Both Reid and Mahomes just weren't fully engaged in the same way they were when they won a SB. They were riding on their confidence and ability, and the results spoke for themselves. I don't think "choked" so much as "didn't bring the intensity". That led them to glaring mistakes like the clock management at the end of the first half, and the sacks at the end of the second.

It is such a fine line. And their opponent brought it.

Man, Burrow is a cool customer. More relaxed and confident at this stage in his career, on a big stage, than any QB I've ever seen. That's one reason they have a chance against a more talented and experienced Rams team.

Chiefs weren't engaged last year either- they sleptwalked their way through the East, same thing they did this year, and that's why I said in the GDT "Now, watch them hit the snooze button," after they were up 21-3.

It's not a matter of it being hard to win as KC certainly has the talent to do so, but Reid (unlike BB) just doesn't get that you never let your foot off the other team's throat, especially in the playoffs.

Rooting for Bengals but believe Rams would win. Kupp and Beckham would be too much for any time .

And Aaron Donald and von Miller along with Stafford deserve a ring along with mcVay for how they have put all bets for this year .

LA probably going to dominate in the trenches but the fact that I'm a Pats fan and the Bengals are mostly non-household names I have to root for Cincy.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I think the question is how will the fans of Detroit react if Stafford and co. win, with Stafford playing a clean game with a memorable play or two? Not MVP level play, just good solid football. They had him for 12 season, he had a ton of comeback drives, carried the team at times.

Then they trade him, and he gets a ring the first year.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back