PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sammy Morris - in a word...solid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like Morris at all. I think he is a flat out scrub.

I agree with the guy who mentioned Brian Leonard. Man...that dude would have been PERFECT to pair up with Maroney. He is a beast.

But despite being out of shape and slow Dillion was still money in the redzone. Morris and / or Evans are different types of runners and despite having ok size they don't have the natural instincts or talent to find the end-zone like CD.

The whole running attack centers on Maroney, hopefully he stays on the field, if he does he will have a monster year.

CD was slow...but I wouldn't say he was out of shape. His lower body was never 100% after 2004. The Pats will find a way to score in the redzone....but Dillon will be misssed!

CD was slow...but I wouldn't say he was out of shape. His lower body was never 100% after 2004. The Pats will find a way to score in the redzone....but Dillon will be misssed!

He was woefully out of shape, after every run he would tap his hand on his helmet and say "take me out". Hard to grind out the clock when your big bruiser is drinking Gatorade on the sidelines.

But he was still money in the redzone.

Dillon has said that he is retired except for an interesting situation. He refused to come to tryouts with the Bills and Titans. There isn't a likely hood that the Jesters are a realsitic Super Bowl contender, anymore than the Titans are. And he refused to even consider visiting the Titans.

OTOH, I truly think that Corey WOULD respond to the emergency call from Bill if Lawrence went down and they needed him for the SB push. Ditto for the Bolts but they have LT and Turner so that is improbable.

He is on the Shadow Roster but not everybodies...

I guess we can put this thread to rest...SOLID indeed.

Great job tonight, Sammy Morris.

i really like Sammy Morris. Good pick up Pats.

Sammy played well tonight, and for everyone's sake, I hope it continues

I'll admit, I am very skeptical of the guy, but I liked what he showed tonight against the Panthers.

There is no real mystery here.

He is a ROLE PLAYER.

A BACK-UP.

He will be third or fourth on the depth chart, competing only with Evans for carries.

From that perspective, he is a decent pick up. He will be better than Patrick Pass in my opinion.

I dont like Morris at all. I think he is a flat out scrub.

I agree with the guy who mentioned Brian Leonard. Man...that dude would have been PERFECT to pair up with Maroney. He is a beast.

Like my wanting Meriweather while you disliked him, I disagree with you on this issue. I think Sammy Morris will be a nice addition to this team, and he's already starting to show some of his ability....really I don't understand why you'd call him a scrub.

Like my wanting Meriweather while you disliked him, I disagree with you on this issue. I think Sammy Morris will be a nice addition to this team, and he's already starting to show some of his ability....really I don't understand why you'd call him a scrub.

I think it's a good indication this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Last edited:
I think it's a good indication this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Just like when he wanted to put money up betting the Patriots wouldn't pick Meriweather, lol!

Sammy played well tonight, and for everyone's sake, I hope it continues

I'll admit, I am very skeptical of the guy, but I liked what he showed tonight against the Panthers.

I, too, was skeptical of his signing here, so early in the FA period, when there were younger, faster, stronger, cheaper RB/FBs available.

What impressed me tonight was the way Morris kept his legs moving, lowered his shoulders, and took every inch of real estate that he could take. Less-talented runners like Morris need to hustle, at all times, in order to gain the same yardage that runners like Maroney gain by their vision, explosiveness, elusiveness and strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back