PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints fans are taking this game WAY too seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSox363804

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
You'd think it was the Super Bowl combined with Mardi Gras around here the way they're taking about this game. It's ridiculous. I understand they've never had a great team but this is just insanity.

I often view the other teams boards of who we are playing. That Saints board is the 2nd most idiotic site I've seen since gangreenforum. They Think Springs has been starting and that they will torch "Sanders" at saftey. An excuse they use as to why they will kill us is that they killed the the Jets and we lost to them. Completely ignoring the Pats last game against the Jests of course.

Almost all of them are predicting a 10 point win or more. Which is funny because the Pats have to be completely awful for a Brady lead team to get blown out.

I hope we shut that whole fanbase up

Last edited:
i was down there for three weeks recently (got back home a week ago) and even went to a Saints game the first monday night i was there against the Falcons. the people there are full of energy and were very loud at that stadium. I can understand them taking the game seriuously. they're really getting a thrill out of it.

btw, we went to the game decked out in Patriots paraphernalia. we were greeted...warmly...:D. When i talked to fans down there (albeit casual fans), they were generally amiable and had nice things to say about the Pats.

You'd think it was the Super Bowl combined with Mardi Gras around here the way they're taking about this game. It's ridiculous. I understand they've never had a great team but this is just insanity.

The Jets had their Superbowl, now it's time for the Saints to have theirs.

Tell them it's just another ho-hum regular season game up here.

I can't get really excited about this game. I'm looking forward to Miami more.

I often view the other teams boards of who we are playing. That Saints board is the 2nd most idiotic site I've seen since gangreenforum. They Think Springs has been starting and that they will torch "Sanders" at saftey. An excuse they use as to why they will kill us is that they killed the the Jets and we lost to them. Completely ignoring the Pats last game against the Jests of course.

Almost all of them are predicting a 10 point win or more. Which is funny because the Pats have to be completely awful for a Brady lead team to get blown out.

I hope we shut that whole fanbase up

I dont think I've seen one poster on their board that is predicting they put up less than 35 on us. While they are capable of doing so, they are ALL assuming it will happen. They're also going on and on about crowd noise as if we don't play in Indy all the time. I had 3 different people this morning tell me the Pats were going to get their asses kicked Monday night when they saw my Pats stuff on my car. They are too over confident for that franchise.

You know if we win... even if we win big... it'll be the refs fault, for a "brady rule" call that extended a drive in the 1st half... etc...

NE can't win this game on their own... or any game for that matter. The way other teams fans and the mediots talk anyways...

I dont think I've seen one poster on their board that is predicting they put up less than 35 on us. While they are capable of doing so, they are ALL assuming it will happen. They're also going on and on about crowd noise as if we don't play in Indy all the time. I had 3 different people this morning tell me the Pats were going to get their asses kicked Monday night when they saw my Pats stuff on my car. They are too over confident for that franchise.

Oh yeah and they think that our run is ending and that their "dynasty" is starting. My god I would love a win

i was down there for three weeks recently (got back home a week ago) and even went to a Saints game the first monday night i was there against the Falcons. the people there are full of energy and were very loud at that stadium. I can understand them taking the game seriuously. they're really getting a thrill out of it.

btw, we went to the game decked out in Patriots paraphernalia. we were greeted...warmly...:D. When i talked to fans down there (albeit casual fans), they were generally amiable and had nice things to say about the Pats.

I think this should put an end to all the snarky comments about how the Saints fans view this game.
Come on people. Give these folks a break and be happy we have a team that gets people excited and nervous and all confused.
We're going to have more, but we have certainly had our share of the spotlight.

Last edited:
Yeah their fans have always seemed decent to me. Don't judge them based on a couple of sad homers on an internet forum. You might even find if you look through that site that most if not all of that rubbish is coming from 4 or 5 individuals.

I can understand them being hugely excited by this game, they are still unbeaten and when you look at their schedule its by far and away the toughest test remaining.

This team has never had a huge regular season in the past that I can remember, I'd say a 10 win season is probably as good as they have been in the last 20-25 years anyways. Let them have their moment, I don't begrudge them anything.

Let them have their moment, I don't begrudge them anything.

Yeah I don't have a problem with that. It's harmless. Let them have fun- they've finally got something to be excited about after all those years.

Yeah I don't have a problem with that. It's harmless. Let them have fun- they've finally got something to be excited about after all those years.

I agree. I ;ove the city and the people there. I just wish that the Saints' fans on their boards would stop acting like trailer trash that just won the lottery... :D

This game IS a big deal. The Saints have played well, and like the Colts have had some tight wins. The Vagiants win turns out to be nothing to hang their hats on, so this game is a big benchmark for them.

ALSO, it's big for our team. I have no doubt we can beat ANY team for 3.5 quarters. Let's see them win for four Quarters against a solid team.

Every fan base has obnoxious Kool-Aid chuggers. I've never had any issues with Saints fans I have encountered. This is a huge game for their franchise because, if they lose, the nation will see them as posers.

Oh yeah and they think that our run is ending and that their "dynasty" is starting. My god I would love a win

Jesus!! "Dynasty" starting? hahah Sounds like the Jests fans.

Exactly, no harm in seeing them enjoy a team that's finally worth getting excited about. I think we can all relate to that. 'Course, the true measure of Saint's fans will come Tuesday morning when they're all nursing hangovers and dealing with their team losing the big game.:D

Its their board. Let them talk whatever way they want. Personally I see nothing wrong with fans having a bit of confidence in their team.

The Saints fans seem pretty nice, kind of like the St Louis fans were. As long as they don't turn into Philly Fans they can say and do whatever they want. It all good.

I think this should put an end to all the snarky comments about how the Saints fans view this game.
Come on people. Give these folks a break and be happy we have a team that gets people excited and nervous and all confused.
Were going to have more, but we have certainly had our share of the spotlight.

i agree the city of new orleans has been through so much and have not had a whole lot to be happy about over the last few year

denver was 6-0 the colts whear 9-0 and the saints are 10-0

and all dose team's and there fans said they need to beat the pats to prove they are a good team

that just show's me that ever team and there fans respect the pats they may not like them but they respect them

Last edited:
They think its fishy Brady had 50 TD's in 07 when he only had at most 28 in previous seasons...saying its easy to do when you know how the defense will react.(Implying cheating)

ugh. and I thought no one would have a site like gangreen

I check out their site and it was like a football version

of a Hannah Montana site.*

"OMG, Brees is like just the best ever. His passes are the best ever! Our team is the best team ever! Me and all my friends are gonna dress up for the concert, er game and scream so loud! I am so excited I almost peed my pants!"

*Note - I have never visited a Hannah Montana site. It is pure speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back