PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running game concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the plan if Develin can't go this weekend?
Maybe see some more quick passes with White and Burkhead for shorter yards that sort of serve as a “run” alternative.

In general, would love to see more snaps with both on the field at the same time in 21 personnel. Could open up RB-LB passing matchups if the D wants to play the run...opens up run opportunities if they decide to treat Rex/White more like receivers and have fewer LBs on the field.

Michel had some solid runs out of single back on Sunday. If the Patriots can straighten out the interior blocking (Mason has been meh), then I think they will be able to start getting the running game going. Beddard broke down the OL play and noted that the Patriots OL did not have a good day with executing their blocking assignments.

There will be several game plans this weekend that don't use a FB. I suspect that Josh and BB are up to developing one.

I suspect that Develin being out would mean more sets with 1 TE and 1RB on the field (and 3 WR's). This is especially true since we will have at least one inexperienced OT that needs blocking help. Imo, more shotgun would also be a good idea.

Michel had some solid runs out of single back on Sunday. If the Patriots can straighten out the interior blocking (Mason has been meh), then I think they will be able to start getting the running game going. Beddard broke down the OL play and noted that the Patriots OL did not have a good day with executing their blocking assignments.
This is an excellent point. What the hell is wrong with Shaq Mason? He's been doing his best Jordan Devey imitation so far this year.

Mason has been downright awful.

I am increasingly interested in seeing Harris get an opportunity.

PROTECTING TOM
Newhouse
Izzo
the shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back