PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that crazy a rumor, at least from the Minnesota side. Wasn't there a article (by Andrew Brandt, possibly) recently regarding how badly Farve wanted Moss to come to Green Bay? They tried to placate him with plans for Greg Jennings' development, but he wanted Moss.

We know that Farve has Childress by the short-and-curlies, and with each year ticking away it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Farve is making waves in Minnesota over getting Moss with Moss' contract coming up this year.

As for the Patriots -- if you're not going to resign Moss, you have to at least consider trading Moss. I think it would be a lot crazy to trade him this early in the season, but Belichick traded Seymour, so anything is possible.

Hmmmm, coincidence that Moss wasn't really involved in the game too much last night? :confused:

EDIT-Damnit, we can't enjoy this victory for one day without something happening...

Last edited:
If this happens throughly disgusted... unless your trading for Vincent Jackson... this sucks..

Screw Bill Simmons for this crap. It's almost like he wants to see them implode.

Hmmmm, coincidence that Moss wasn't really involved in the game too much last night?

What game were you watching??? Moss was as involved as any player on offense last night.

If this is the end for Moss here, then he was one of those rare sportsmen that it was a privilege to watch him play. Just an amazing talent.

Assuming this isn't b.s., what have we won with Moss anyway? He's also been a no show in the playoffs. It might cost people some fantasy points, but the malcontent would be gone.

Not sure what the logic behind this would be - if Welker was 100% and Tate had developed to be a genuine #2 then it would make more sense. But neither condition is that close and furthermore the Vikings don't have a decent WR to trade (at least one without potential medical problems).

The only thing to add fuel to the fire is that the bye is the best time for a trade. I wonder if the M in the deal is Mankins?

What game were you watching??? Moss was as involved as any player on offense last night.

Involved in as a lot of throws to him, just trying to make sense of this...

Somehow Belichick will get Harvin in the trade and create the New England Gators

Curran is also now reporting the rumor. He's saying it would be for a 3rd round pick.

Unless they also have something brewing with the Chargers for Vincent Jackson, it just makes absolutely no sense to me.

The patriots might be able to trade Moss for Sidney rice who is a big and pretty remarkable wide receiver. rice however is hurt atm, he is recovering from a hip surgery which is why the viking need wide receiver help this would give the patriots their #1 WR of the future and it would give the vikings a productive WR for the rest of the year, its clear the patriots dont want to resign moss, so this might be the best the pats can get out of him.

would the vikings trade rice? maybe not, it might take an extra draft pick or something.

We will obviously get a legit #2 guys. Now we do need to take in consideration the demands and distractions he brings with him, it might just work.

Blech. This will bum me out, but they weren't keeping him after this season, I guess.

Pleasepleaseplease be an established star and not more picks. Or maybe there's a third team involved?

The only thing to add fuel to the fire is that the bye is the best time for a trade.

This is what gives this credence. It certainly is somberly.

Unfortunately, Glazer is reporting this separately. He is not picking up on Simmon's lead, and Glazer isn't someone who is known for making things up.

It would be too bad if this happened- but if it did, my guess is that the baggage was just too much.

If it's for a 3rd round pick then i think this is a grave mistake

Unless the Pats plan on replacing Moss with Jackson, I don't see any way this could end up being a good trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore