PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor (funny): Patriots and Cardinals working on a trade... for Larry Fitzgerald

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Well?

• Sign that fool

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Get outta here

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Rumor (funny): Patriots and Cardinals working on a trade...

Hahahahahaha. Seriously, must be a slow news week since the pats won. Why would we trade butler for Fitzgerald? We need defense or offensive line if we make any trade. If you want a good laugh, read this article...

Patriots Talking to Cardinals About Possible Trade.

unless fitz plays defense were good.

this is like the Jim Leyland rumors around town.... resurfaces every other year for the past decade or so.....

A few things:

1) Who in the world is Sportstalk360.com and have they had any credibility in the past? Or is this Erika Leigh and Sharks of Vegas' ugly love child?

2) Pats have ~$5.5M in cap space now, Fitz has an $11M base salary for 2017 (would be prorated based on timing). This trade isn't happening without a contract restructuring

3) I would be very surprised to find out that with all the miscommunication on defense so far and with Rowe being injured, the Pats would trade their generally most consistent CB so far this year for a wide receiver when Hogan, Amendola, and Cooks have performed decently so far.

Last edited:
I’d love Fitz here. However, a cover LB/ pass rusher would likely be more valuable. Also, the Cards are 2-2 & don’t really have any healthy receivers, so it doesn’t really make sense from their perspective. However, if it were to happen I have NO doubts Fitz would swiftly pick up the playbook.

I love Fitz, but we'd need other things if we were to trade with them.

Give me Deone Buchanon. He could be very well utilized here.
..or both :D (wishful thinking)

Throw in Patrick Peterson and Deone Buchanon for a package of Dwayne Allen, David Harris and Stephon Gilmore and it's a deal! But we keep Butler.

If folks think that Mitchell would add anything, Fitz certainly would. He would complement Cooks, Hogan and Amendola.

Random sports blog that I've never heard of using the default Bluehost favicon = fake rumor.

If folks think that Mitchell would add anything, Fitz certainly would. He would complement Cooks, Hogan and Amendola.

Fitz would be fantastic in this offense, between he and Cooks and to a lesser extent Hogan that's three WRs that can line up pretty much anywhere. I don't see it happening though, his contract is all base salary so we'd be assuming a $7.5M cap hit if we traded for him right now. I don't see the Pats agreeing to that plus giving up a significant asset .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News