PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Carrol to Chargers is a done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Pete Carroll was destined to fail in New England with "Back Door" Bobby Grier running the show. Not that Carroll was without flaws as the head coach, but he was stuck coaching a mess he didn't make...

FWIW, Pete Carroll was destined to fail in New England with "Back Door" Bobby Grier running the show. Not that Carroll was without flaws as the head coach, but he was stuck coaching a mess he didn't make...

I agree with that. I also agree with the poster(s) who said that Pete's rapport with the players may work in a more laid back place like SD. I have been out there a few times, as I'm sure many on here have, and while the fans are passionate, there is a "we'll get 'em next time" kind of attitude to the over wehlming majority of people out there. 10-6, win a playoff game, hug the players (ie his first year here in NE) would sit just fine with many out there. Heck, even 9-7 and a playoff birth, with the types of injuries he had his second season here would endeer him to a lot of people.

He speaks their "language" out there, he knows the media, he knows the lay of the land. I think Pete could be successful. Not in terms of Super Bowl wins but in terms of keeping people off of his back.

There's got to be a better way to say CARROLL TO SAN DIEGO A DONE DEAL is total speculation from a gossip column titled the rumor mill.:D

Last edited:
I agree with that. I also agree with the poster(s) who said that Pete's rapport with the players may work in a more laid back place like SD. I have been out there a few times, as I'm sure many on here have, and while the fans are passionate, there is a "we'll get 'em next time" kind of attitude to the over wehlming majority of people out there. 10-6, win a playoff game, hug the players (ie his first year here in NE) would sit just fine with many out there. Heck, even 9-7 and a playoff birth, with the types of injuries he had his second season here would endeer him to a lot of people.

He speaks their "language" out there, he knows the media, he knows the lay of the land. I think Pete could be successful. Not in terms of Super Bowl wins but in terms of keeping people off of his back.

He's a surfer boy coach in a surfer boy town, I wouldn't count him out.

What's with the GM, though? He's certainly made some good moves. Is it Marty or is this guy impossible to get along with?

I'll bet a million that whole article isn't true. You boot a coach from a 14-2 team because he can't get along with the GM, then you boot the GM?

C'mon.:rolleyes:

Nice handle there "Yankees/Colts"; "Double Ballbreaker" would be more suitable though.

Wow, A coach taking over a 14-2 err 14-3 football team. Nice project there. Pat Riley and Jon Gruden say "hello" from Florida.

Atleast Carrol created something good at USC. Personally I don't see the challenge of taking over another coaches hard work. Especially a team that should of won the Superbowl this year. Whipdy doo. No legacy to be built there.

Last edited:
I hope for Pete's sake that he stays at college.

He has it so good over there for one thing.

Second of all, I rather deal with college players than pro players.

I rather watch college football more than pro football.

I think Pete can do well at San Diego, but I just feel he is better of at college where he can win it all every year.

Last edited:
And he wants FULL control? Chargers are absolutely done if this happens. Open your eyes folks, Carrol failed twice in the big leagues and there's only one college coach who amounted to anything. Don't give me **** about Switzer because he won with Johnson's team.

And he wants FULL control? Chargers are absolutely done if this happens. Open your eyes folks, Carrol failed twice in the big leagues and there's only one college coach who amounted to anything. Don't give me **** about Switzer because he won with Johnson's team.

You know, you have to admire AJ Smith, because he was building a team modeled on the Patriots. Some of the players he brought in were great, but the character flaws they had and the immaturity they exhibited makes you question whether Petey can get control of them over a short period of time. I don't think he can. AJ Smith forgot a few things while building the Chargers.

1. Humility within the players

2. Drafting and signing players with character. In other words, bringing in players who don't have anything to bring onto the football field besides themselves.

3. Drafting and signing smart players who can get the intricacies of a 3-4 defense , yet know when to bat the ball down.

4. Players knowing when to keep their mouths shut.

If Petey goes there, he'll be the rah rah guy that Marty was, but what they had with Marty won't translate well with Petey. Two control freaks duking it out, it should be interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3