PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ruben Foster

He was easily my number one pure Linebacker of the class. He’s a top 5 talent alone and the 49ers got a steal with him but seems he won’t grow up.

There’s a reason he slipped. Warning signs at the combine but niners didn’t care. Talent won out.

Ok, I’ll say it for those who’d rather be discreet. I do not like/condone his actions. However, I’d love his skill set on this team IF he can get his act together.

Sony Time.

This turned out as bad as possible for lynch and co. Fosters no longer on the team, and I’m not saying Solomon Thomas is a bad player, but at the time they didn’t have a qb. They passed on trubisky mahomes and Watson who still have a few years left on rookie deals and paid elite qb money to jimmy. That would be a tough pill to swallow right now.
I’ll answer it for you. As of right now, Solomon Thomas is f***ing awful. I’ve warched a lot of 9ers games this year and he’s invisible. He’s also lost reps to a guy who’s undrafted.

The 9ers did the Saints a favor by leapfrogging them in the draft while the Saints were on the phone with Foster telling him they were drafting him with the next pick.

Good night Sony Pats have a nice young player finally. :cool:

@Viper652 If I refresh the page, most of the tweets show up. If that doesn't work, maybe try another browser.

This woman's injury were very apparent and visible.

And I think when a team releases a great player for DV, other teams should honor that and not sign him. It's like you're saying: "Just because San Francisco is doing the right thing, it doesn't mean we have to. Let's sneak him in here."

• Agree
Reactions: J R
This woman's injury were very apparent and visible.

And I think when a team releases a great player for DV, other teams should honor that and not sign him. It's like you're saying: "Just because San Francisco is doing the right thing, it doesn't mean we have to. Let's sneak him in here."

Good thought, but Jerry Jones would never sign off on that.

Pretty weird story. This was the same girl that accused him before then turned around and said the story wasn’t true which exonerated him. Could be true or she could be your run-of-the-mill nutjob.
I say she’s a run of the mill nut job gold digger.

Any respectable and sane women would have left him after the first time, regardless of the outcome. She had all the leverage. Clearly she’s one of those women all men fear of getting with.

Him on the other hand, who knows, he has to be just as dumb for not protecting himself if it were not true.

Especially considering the team still was quoted saying “they love him, but he broke the rules they had set up”

I don’t think you make that soft statement from a professional PR standpoint unless you highly suspect the alleged claims.

Those rules probably intailed staying the hell away from her under all cost. Which they clearly stated in the report that they have been on and off.

Love sure can be a mother****er......

That goes for the both of them.

You're asking why we shouldn't make a judgement before we know all the facts?

Personally, when something like this happens I prefer to wait and see but that's different than the inevitable "HEY TEACHER YOU FORGOT TO HAND OUT HOMEWORK" post about innocent until proven guilty like yours which completely forgets the fact that our judgement doesn't matter.

Should be innocent until proven guilty.

Cincinnati where players go so they can attend group probation meetings.. it is much easier that way.

PO: Have all you guys been good and fine upstanding citizens this week??

Foster: What do you mean by good and fine??

To me this goes to show that teams should rather try to gamble on medical evals during the draft than on mental / character evals. With medical issues at least you have a somewhat solid framework to project things even if the results are normally distributed and you can end up on the wrong side of the curve.

With all the other stuff you have no way to project anything and can only cross your fingers and hope that the locker room culture and being around pros affects kids in a positive way.

I don’t know the kid but he is a Nick Saban product who is oozing with talent. I am not aware of any problems he had prior to the combine or any questions about him.

“If you’re looking for a good teammate to be on your team, Reuben’s going to be very, very good,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said, via CBSSports. “If you’re looking for somebody to be a candy striper and be nice to everybody at the hospital, maybe not.”

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back