PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roughly equivalent trade values for the #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineMan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Some examples of roughly equivalent trade values for our #22 (staying within the 2010 draft). Some of these deals certainly seem better than others. I'm not saying any of these will or should happen, just doing the math so that you don't have to.

PACKERS = 23 + 154(5th)
EAGLES = 24 + 137(5th) OR 37 (2nd), 70 (3rd) and 200(7th)
RAVENS = 25 + 156 and 157(both 5ths)
CARDS = 26, 58, 88 for our 22, 53, 190 (basically trading a 6th for a 4th)
COWBOYS = 27 + 59 + 90(3rd) + 125(4th) for our #22, 53 and tradeable 6th and 7th rounders
CHARGERS = 28 + 91 for our 22 + 190 (basically trading a 6th for a 4th)
JETS = (don't really see a way to do this without involving consequential 2011 picks)
VIKINGS = 39 + 93 + 161 (adds a high 2nd, a 3rd and 5th)
COLTS = 31 + 94 + 129 + 2011 6th rounder (adds a high 2nd, a 3rd and 4th in 2010)
SAINTS = 32 + 64 for our 22 + 119 + 190 (trades a 4th and a 6th for a late 2nd)

RAMS = 33 + 65 for our 22 + 119 (a 1st and a 4th for virtually two 2nds)
LIONS = 34,66, 213 & 214 (for our 22 + 119 + 190)
BUCS = 35, 67 (for our #22 and tradeable 6th and 7th rounders)
CHIEFS = 36, 68 (for our #22 and tradeable 7th rounders)
BROWNS = 38, 71(3rd) and 160(5th)
RAIDERS = 39, 69(3rd) and 158(5th)
BILLS = 41, 72(3rd), 140(4th), 178(5th)

etc.

And, of course, making one of the first few trades on this list would NOT preclude then trading THAT 1st rounder for even more 2nd-5th round picks.

Yeah. I had to bump this myself just to keep it up where people could see it and use it as a reference.

Sorry! :D

It's a good reference and certainly worthy of another bump.

Imagine trading down and having 5 second rounders?

Last edited:
I was looking at the Bengals picks the other day. That would be a way to get a boat load of extra picks this year. Our 22nd would equal their low 2nd rounder both 3rd rounders, both 4th rounders, and their 5th as well.

I realize this would probably never happen, but this is equal value according to the pick value sheet. So in essence our 22 for 6 picks this year :eek:. Could you imagine the possibilities with all those picks!

Last edited:
I was giving myself an ice cream headache doing this stuff last week...

There are a few scenarios that would have been optimum if other teams hadn't already lost picks necessary to match up meaningfully and rationally (as opposed to trading away their remaining draft) like Jacksonville (no second) and Washington (now no second or third).

I like most of the scenarios starting with the 'Boys, though not the Cards unless we again traded that pick to some nervous Tebowfile or something. Same feeling about the Rams and Lions. Love the Bucs as is... Don't think the Chiefs or Browns or Oaktown or Buffalo will be looking to move up although the last two are wild cards to do anything...

Maybe instead of a 6th or 7th even in 2011 we could palm off AD in one of these scenarios if the matchup is off a point or less...

I was looking at the Bengals picks the other day. That would be a way to get a boat load of extra picks this year. Our 22nd would equal their low 2nd rounder both 3rd rounders, both 4th rounders, and their 5th as well.

I realize this would probably never happen, but this is equal value according to the pick value sheet. So in essence our 22 for 6 picks this year :eek:. Could you imagine the possibilities with all those picks!

Whaaat?? No way that's possible.

Actually, I was thinking that the Cards might do the deal I suggested to jump from 26 to 22 for someone. Then, Holmgren might deal the 38, 85 and 177 for the 26.

The net would then be:

still no 5th

205 (comp)

and the 5 7ths

Then the Rams could trade their 65, 132 and 208 for our 58:

205 (comp)

and the 5 7ths

After which we could trade the 177, 208 and one (or both) of our tradeable 7th rounders for a late 4th rounder (125-130 range).

That would give us 3 (high) 2nds, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, a 5th and our late comp picks for, essentially a late 1st and late 2nd - 9 picks between #38 and #132.

You want the Pats to select 16 players in this years draft?
I don't think there's any way that the Pats will even take 12 players.
I forsee some trade downs and pick trades into 2011.

You want the Pats to select 16 players in this years draft?
I don't think there's any way that the Pats will even take 12 players.
I forsee some trade downs and pick trades into 2011.

Actually, it's 13 if we traded both our tradeable 6ths (picked up in the above trades) and 7ths for that other 4th. And I do think there's 13 spots on our roster that we should at least try seriously to upgrade.

Great info. My fantasy scenario is that the Rams pass on Bradford at 1. Then they see Tebow or C McCoy still there at 22, get excited, and trade 33 and 65 for 22, maybe a later round (not fourth) thrown in.

SAINTS = 32 + 64 for our 22 + 119 + 190 (trades a 4th and a 6th for a late 2nd)

I haven't analyzed any others you've listed, but the Saints is an option I've been interested in for a while now. Trading down to #32 and acquiring a late second-rounder is just what the doc ordered if the objective is to somehow acquire the missing third-rounder. Four #2's does it for me while still getting a solid player at #32.

Appreciate the fine effort.

How about a trade up? This one works out perfect in trade value.

S.F trades #17 & #79 for NE #22 & #53

If someone unexpected slides that we really like this would be a perfect trade up.

How about a trade up? This one works out perfect in trade value.

S.F trades #17 & #79 for NE #22 & #53

If someone unexpected slides that we really like this would be a perfect trade up.

I could see that for Brandon Graham or Kyle Wilson.

I haven't analyzed any others you've listed, but the Saints is an option I've been interested in for a while now. Trading down to #32 and acquiring a late second-rounder is just what the doc ordered if the objective is to somehow acquire the missing third-rounder. Four #2's does it for me while still getting a solid player at #32.

Appreciate the fine effort.

Thanks!

I wasn't trying to take a position one way or the other (with this post). Just trying to list what some of the mathematically accurate options might be.

Had I the time, I might have done something similar WRT our #44 and #47. Even though this appears to be an extraordinarily deep draft class, that's only at some positions (possession WR, e.g.). At others - "every-down back", for instance, maybe not so much. Teams that have (or feel they have) needs that are different from the Pats may want desperately to trade up even within the 2nd round to snag a guy they think can be their every-down back (e.g.) before someone else does.

The 460 pts that our #44 is worth could be worth the #54 and #96 to the Bengals, for example.

The thing is, the Pats brain trust appears to be wilier than most at moving around to maximize value. The guys they ultimately pick may not turn out, but at least they generally get them for the smallest amount of draft ammo possible.

Like I said in another thread

Give Atlanta #44 and #47 and we get thier #19 and keep our #22

We then take Sergio Kindle at 19
and Demaryius Thomas at 22

That would be a decent deal,although there are others at 22 to consider besides Thomas

Like I said in another thread

Give Atlanta #44 and #47 and we get thier #19 and keep our #22

We then take Sergio Kindle at 19
and Demaryius Thomas at 22

That would be a decent deal,although there are others at 22 to consider besides Thomas

That would be trading a 430 and 460 for an 875, so they'd owe us a 7th. But I wouldn't do that deal for either of the two players you mention.

crazy thought but what if the lions decide to take okung at #2 followed by mccoy to the bucs at #3 and Suh is available at #4? Skins could be willing to trade out. We offer #22, 2011 1st from Raiders & #53 for #4 & #37. I know its hard to say what the value of that oakland pick will be but I think it would be worth it.

It will all depend on selecting players who can be difference makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back