PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster hopefuls - explosive athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As I think about the upcoming year (hopefully it happens), I think about the Pats getting younger and much more explosive and athletic on both sides of the ball. To that end, here's some players I hope make the roster and make contributions...

- RB JJ Taylor - For a small guy, he hits like a truck and has terrific explosion. Would love to see him be a Sproles-like playmaker.

- WR Jeff Thomas - Absolutely electric athletes. Can be a huge playmaker out of the slot but isn't limited to that role. Needs to clear up some character issues but he'd give them elite athleticism and playmaking at the WR position.

- WR Sean Riley - I'm a Syracuse guy and I love this kid. Terrific athlete, quick and fast.

- DE Nick Coe - Terrific athlete for his position. Character issues again are the concern, but in terms of being an athlete....he'd be a nice upgrade.

- LB Josh Uche - Pretty sure he's gonna make the team, but man he's an electric athlete at his position. Speed, strength, explosion.

- S Kyle Dugger - Off the charts athlete for his spot. Size and speed galore. Limited experience of course, playing for a tiny program. But still....potential for a lot here.

Just no longer feel “character issues” work out often enough to be worth the hassle... those who have them, if they work out - fine - but usually they are tough to overcome.

As I think about the upcoming year (hopefully it happens), I think about the Pats getting younger and much more explosive and athletic on both sides of the ball. To that end, here's some players I hope make the roster and make contributions...

- RB JJ Taylor - For a small guy, he hits like a truck and has terrific explosion. Would love to see him be a Sproles-like playmaker.

- WR Jeff Thomas - Absolutely electric athletes. Can be a huge playmaker out of the slot but isn't limited to that role. Needs to clear up some character issues but he'd give them elite athleticism and playmaking at the WR position.

- WR Sean Riley - I'm a Syracuse guy and I love this kid. Terrific athlete, quick and fast.

- DE Nick Coe - Terrific athlete for his position. Character issues again are the concern, but in terms of being an athlete....he'd be a nice upgrade.

- LB Josh Uche - Pretty sure he's gonna make the team, but man he's an electric athlete at his position. Speed, strength, explosion.

- S Kyle Dugger - Off the charts athlete for his spot. Size and speed galore. Limited experience of course, playing for a tiny program. But still....potential for a lot here.
Face it, any rookie signed to an NFL contract is a damn good athlete.

All the bs about tanking for Lawrence or anything else that looks to pedigree and past performance is ignoring how good even the bubble guys really are. At that level it comes down to desire and work ethic and intangibles. Those are the factors that separate a Julian Edelman from just another Johnny Football.

They’re all good. Let’s hope they all have great work ethics and focus and set the bar for making the Patriots roster extremely high. And the ones who don’t make it can give us a great PS or go make some other roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes