PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Root hard for Philly and Denver to fall apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

FibSeq13478

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
From 2003 - 2014, Pats have lost back to back games 4 times. In each of those instances, one of those opposing teams in the losing streak went onto win the superbowl (2006, 2008, 2011, 2012).

Luckily, neither of those teams has a chance to win it this year.

lol @ Denver or Philly winning the Superbowl.

Never going to happen.

Regular Season, since 2012

Denver, 48-12
New England, 46-14

Not sure why you don't think Denver has a legitimate shot, especially since Osweiler isn't a certain playoff meltdown like the guy he replaced.

Regular Season, since 2012

Denver, 48-12
New England, 46-14

Not sure why you don't think Denver has a legitimate shot, especially since Osweiler isn't a certain playoff meltdown like the guy he replaced.

Because their 7-0 w/ Manning could have easily been 3-4 and they barely beat a Brady-lead Patriots practice squad in their own stadium. Their corners are weak against quick, shifty receivers like ours (when they're playing) and they have a history of ****ty playoff performances.

Not to mention they'll likely name the biggest choker in post season history their starting quarterback just in time for the postseason.

Laugh at Denver all you want, but if the matchups fall properly, they could absolutely be playing in February.

I will bet on our guys every time, but Denver deserves respect.
While true, they have zero titles in the salary cap era (without cheating the cap). Remains to be seen if they can build a team legally that can win it.

Laugh at Denver all you want, but if the matchups fall properly, they could absolutely be playing in February.

I will bet on our guys every time, but Denver deserves respect.

They deserve 0 respect until they win a SB with their current group of players. Which won't be happening this year.

The point is that Pats losing in consecutive weeks doesn't happen with average teams given how rarely they lose and how well they refocus on the week following the loss. Denver scored 23 points in the last 17 mins on this defense and Philly scored 35 straight points - almost unheard of performance against pats.

I think Pats special teams tried to do more to help the team given the injuries on offense but they f'ed up their basic responsibilities in the process.

Denver's healthy. We need to hope they stumble and we get back to winning a game or two.

The sky is falling in crowd really need to pump the brakes. The Patriots, when healthy, are the best team in the NFL by a country mile. Get Gronk and Edelman back into the starting O and you watch them fly.

Yikes.

They deserve 0 respect until they win a SB with their current group of players. Which won't be happening this year.

I respectfully disagree. Just as the post-2004 Patriots deserved respect before they won it last year, and I'm sure you'd agree those teams were always a huge threat to win it all and deserved praise. Super Bowls take a lot of luck as well as talent, and the Broncos over the last four years have accomplished as much you can short of the Lombardi. Yes, Manning is a huge choker, but they also went up against maybe their worst matchup in the history of football that year with the one of the best secondaries ever against their pass-only offense, and that was the year they were without Clady, Miller, and a lot of key pieces on defense

Even though we should have knocked off the Broncos, they have a darn good football team and are certainly capable of going all the way. Sure, if we played them again, we'd probably be getting key players back, but they'd have a more experienced quarterback on their side. Can't step in the same river twice, so it's hard to say who would be favored (if it's in Denver) based on the injuries and who is hot.

lol @ Denver or Philly winning the Superbowl.

Never going to happen.

Denver has the defense to get it done, they could put almost anyone at QB and win. They've also been extremely fortunate with injuries thus far

The sky is falling in crowd really need to pump the brakes. The Patriots, when healthy, are the best team in the NFL by a country mile. Get Gronk and Edelman back into the starting O and you watch them fly.

Yikes.

I have serious reservations about Edelman, because even if he can make it back for the playoffs (a big if), he's going to be rusty, out of sync with Brady and also will not be nearly the player he was before the injury until next season

In rooting for him and desperately want him back, but if people are expecting him to be the savior of the season we may be disappointed.

Gronk and Amendola I feel will play a bigger part in our playoff success.. any contributions we can get from Edelman will be a bonus

Gronk and Amendola I feel will play a bigger part in our playoff success.. any contributions we can get from Edelman will be a bonus

Sadly, you may end up being correct.

It would be great to see additional contribution from guys like LaFell, Chandler, Martin, and the running game. We will definitely need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes