PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie numbers released

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately I think the fact the Pats gave Gordon's #10 is just further proof that his return to the team is farther away than we think. I couldn't have been more wrong about that.

I think the ovich suffix is Russian for "Son of". So maybe if Mike's son ever makes it to the NFL he can play as Tyler Vrabelovich.

Actually, I believe it would be Taylor Mikhailovich (son of Michael)

unfortunately I think the fact the Pats gave Gordon's #10 is just further proof that his return to the team is farther away than we think. I couldn't have been more wrong about that.

Harry is 8

68619937_10157557096137372_648723349425356800_o.jpg

Maybe it's just cognitive dissonance, but I'm not reading too far into it. 10 was one of the only numbers available last year when Gordon was traded so it's not like it was the number he always dreamed of wearing as a kid. It's not the number he has tattooed prominently on his back as if his skin were a jersey.

Harry is now #8

Stidham #4 are they ever going to retire Adam's number?? It all started here for him: Adam would never have to buy a drink in this town. He will always be a hero around these parts.
I'm willing to bet Stidham get's #8 after cut down day. That was his college number.

I thought it was odd that the Pats would give out Gordon’s number 10, ( he actually wore #12 in Cleveland and has it tattooed on himself, but for some reason that number wasn’t available with the Pats). I hope the league lets him back in and he thrives and heals. There are a ton of stories about athletes helping teammates get through addiction/tough times. Especially people like Roger Staubach, who has helped many of his ex teammates get through rough patches. And of course Bobby Orr getting the Turk to go to rehab, saving his life and launching his second career as a broadcaster. ( I still have a picture of myself at 5 wearing a “”Derek is unreal” t-shirt.

So hopefully one day we can add Josh Gordon and his buddy Tom Brady yo this list.

Great post I take back everything I said except about the #17. :rolleyes: Seriously I thought Gordon wore #10 in Cleveland I stand corrected.:oops:

Or closer with Harry's suspicious change to #8.:D

Fortunately you're wrong again. ;)

Just looked it up. Harry cannot wear #8 when the regular season starts if that’s his number right now. WR’s can only wear 10-19 or 80-89. Numbers could be temporary for all rookies.

Jamie Collins cannot wear #8 as well. He can only wear 40’s, 50’s and 90’s.

Stidham #4 are they ever going to retire Adam's number?? It all started here for him: Adam would never have to buy a drink in this town. He will always be a hero around these parts.
Adam has been a Colt longer than a Patriot.... 1996-2006 then 2007-2019 in Indy....

At least I got Cajuste, Cowart, Winovich, and Bailey's predictions right. I really really don't like the numbers for Harris or Williams. Would have switched them myself. 33 is a terrible number for DBs but good for RBs and vice versa for 37.

I hope Harris has a career approaching that of Shaun Alexander, though.

For those that care. I think Madden guessed correctly on Harris and Williams jersey numbers.

I dont like #4 for a QB. Also should the Patriots retire numbers some day #4 and #12 should be done in the same ceremony.
Can't agree. While I loved Adam while he was here, he decided to go elsewhere and has been gone for longer than he was here. I'm not even sure I would retire his number. TB12 deserves his own retirement ceremony week as far as I am concerned, and he should never have to share with anyone else.

For those that care. I think Madden guessed correctly on Harris and Williams jersey numbers.

Yep it's funny because I specifically switched them in anticipation that Madden would be wrong.

Zo is messing with us on the eve of the start of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes