PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie Cards

imahobgoblin

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I ordered a Mac Jones and Trevor Laurence rookie cards tonight. It is always tough to guess with will grow in value, but it is a fun hobby. Any advice on which cards my get hot if these guys take off? Mac's was $6.75 and Trevor was $13.99. The Leaf Pro Set seems to be a limited run and popular. They are both guaranteed mint but not officially graded. I will have them graded if they become something. I wish I did this 20 years ago with a 6th round pick.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 9.27.25 PM.png s-l500.jpg

I don’t know too much about cards, but I imagine that making a $20 investment in the success of two first round quarterbacks (one of whom is supposed to be a generational talent) isn’t going to yield a big return.

In card collecting - its all about the condition. there could be defects that you haven't even considered that can affect the value of a card...

If you are looking at this as a potential investment - plunk down the extra money for a graded card

I have a Tom Brady rookie card.....unfortunately he's sharing the card with Giovanni Carmazzi :(

dude im glad u made this thread. i considered starting to collect this year but have no idea where to buy cards. theres not an official site or some ****? only thing i can find is on ebay

dude im glad u made this thread. i considered starting to collect this year but have no idea where to buy cards. theres not an official site or some ****? only thing i can find is on ebay
From what I've heard, the card market is insane right now due to a lot of people getting back into it during the pandemic. It's probably not even worth the effort getting into it right now, but I'm far from an expert.

It comes down to the brand of the card and the print run.

A Tom Brady 2000 playoff contenders autograph championship rookie ticket (only 100 made) recently sold for 2.25m a similar card was sold for 1.3 back in March.

Beckett price guides is usually right on the money with cards as you can see month to month the popularity/ demand of the card.

The condition of the card is also very important. Grading cards can get expensive. You are probably better off putting the cards in a soft sleeve and then a hard sleeve and wait and see.

I always put cards worth $5-20 in hard sleeves. Put the more expensive ones in screw downs.

Local card deals have a few, but these can be found on Amazon and Ebay. They are limited runs.

It comes down to the brand of the card and the print run.

A Tom Brady 2000 playoff contenders autograph championship rookie ticket (only 100 made) recently sold for 2.25m a similar card was sold for 1.3 back in March.

Beckett price guides is usually right on the money with cards as you can see month to month the popularity/ demand of the card.

The condition of the card is also very important. Grading cards can get expensive. You are probably better off putting the cards in a soft sleeve and then a hard sleeve and wait and see.

I always put cards worth $5-20 in hard sleeves. Put the more expensive ones in screw downs.

I have all the hard sleeves for our cards. My understanding that these two cards had a limited run of about 8,000 each. That is pretty small. We will see how they do in 20 years. $20 is worth the cost of entertainment.

it depends on what type of collector you want to be.

Do you just want to collect say Patriots cards or player specific Then EBAY is the way to go.

If you like chance and like to open packs then a card store is the way to go. Same as building sets. Can always get that illusive last card for the set on eBay as well.

I have all the hard sleeves for our cards. My understanding that these two cards had a limited run of about 8,000 each. That is pretty small. We will see how they do in 20 years. $20 is worth the cost of entertainment.

Absolutely. I love card collecting!!!

it depends on what type of collector you want to be.

Do you just want to collect say Patriots cards or player specific Then EBAY is the way to go.

If you like chance and like to open packs then a card store is the way to go. Same as building sets. Can always get that illusive last card for the set on eBay as well.
oh i see so its like pokemon cards. u cant just buy an individual charizard card from the store, u have to buy the packs and hope u get one. i didnt know that

I collect cards for my enjoyment. I’ve never sold them trying to make a profit.

IMHO unlicensed stuff just never accumulates in value (I am talking about the modern era so please don't come at me with some tobacco card from 100 years ago). Rookie cards in pro uniforms tend to trump college uniforms, and these can't even use the unbrushed college uniform.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back