PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski is off the injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier Rhodes being out would be a huge break for the offense, and Diggs for the defense

Xavier Rhodes being out would be a huge break for the offense, and Diggs for the defense
According to HC Mike Zimmer, the Rhodes injury is “very, very minor.” It sounds like he’s playing this weekend.

According to HC Mike Zimmer, the Rhodes injury is “very, very minor.” It sounds like he’s playing this weekend.

Wonder which WR he will (likely) take out of the game. Probably matches up best with Gordon.

In case Rhodes isn't 100% I'd have his man run long pass routes on the first 5 plays to check him out.

It would be great to see Gronk back at full strength. For some reason there's been a lot of angst here about him this year. It's not like he hasn't come back from injuries before.

It would be great to see Gronk back at full strength. For some reason there's been a lot of angst here about him this year. It's not like he hasn't come back from injuries before.
Well, when he has been hurt he hasn't been as effective.

Plus if the injury has anything to do with his back, the fan base has every cause to be concerned.

Well, when he has been hurt he hasn't been as effective.

Plus if the injury has anything to do with his back, the fan base has every cause to be concerned.

My guess is that it was his ankle that was keeping him out of action. He's had that back problem since day one and has recovered. I'm confident that he can come back.

Even if Gronk never comes back to his old self, it was great having him here. Best all-around TE evah!

In case Rhodes isn't 100% I'd have his man run long pass routes on the first 5 plays to check him out.
Also wouldn’t mind some sort of screen out wide where Rhodes is forced to breakdown/plant on his leg more when taking on a blocker. Maybe a little dig route, or hitch and go action too to force some quicker change of direction.

Since Rhodes will probably be tasked with covering Gordon, that might not work out. Rhodes is injured, but Gordon hasn't regained his pre-suspension explosiveness. At least not yet. A poster around here put it perfectly when he said that it looks like Gordon is running with a piano on his back at times. Plus those deep routes require excellent pass protection and the Patriots seem to have been favoring the short passing game lately to help in pass pro. That might change with Mason back and fully healthy, but I didn't see a lot of change against the Jetes.

Everybody used to love Gonk. Now nobody likes Gonk.

Am I the only one who found it ironic Gronk played 69 snaps on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back