PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richie Incognito To Visit Buffalo Bills

Incognito hasn't played in a year and a half and wasnt that great his last year in Miam, all I was really saying is that its obvious that the "distraction" of a guy who is a terrible teammate/giant ******* is apparently less than bringing in a player who is openly gay for a workout

As I recall it, Ritchie was one of the better Guards in the league right before all the "bullygate" crap went down. Sitting for a year and a half might have him out of shape, but the early signing gives him time to get back into form. Additionally, the time off could actually be a benefit as it would have given his body time to heal and recover.

Michael Sam's problem isn't that he's gay. It's that he isn't a good NFL DE. As BB has shown repeatedly, guys who are "distractions" can be handled. Guys who aren't any good are a different story.

As I recall it, Ritchie was one of the better Guards in the league right before all the "bullygate" crap went down. Sitting for a year and a half might have him out of shape, but the early signing gives him time to get back into form. Additionally, the time off could actually be a benefit as it would have given his body time to heal and recover.

Michael Sam's problem isn't that he's gay. It's that he isn't a good NFL DE. As BB has shown repeatedly, guys who are "distractions" can be handled. Guys who aren't any good are a different story.
The idea that Sam is so bad that he doesn't warrant a single workout is laughable, he was the SEC player of the year and the SEC has a few good players in it, I don't know if he is good enough to be on a 53 man roster but considering the number and quality of players who have been worked out by ANY NFL team im going to call ******** on the claim that he's not good enough.
Where does the line get drawn as to how much of a psycho you can be and remain in the NFL? Should Aaron Hernadez or Letroy Guion be welcomed back with open arms?

The idea that Sam is so bad that he doesn't warrant a single workout is laughable, he was the SEC player of the year and the SEC has a few good players in it, I don't know if he is good enough to be on a 53 man roster but considering the number and quality of players who have been worked out by ANY NFL team im going to call ******** on the claim that he's not good enough.
Where does the line get drawn as to how much of a psycho you can be and remain in the NFL? Should Aaron Hernadez or Letroy Guion be welcomed back with open arms?

You can call BS all you want. Sams is undersized and not strong enough to be a DE and he isn't cut out for OLB either. Sure, there are some guys who are great even though undersized for their position (Drew Brees, Darren Sproles, Elvis Dumervil, etc), but those guys are exceptions that are few and far between.

As for psychos in the locker room, yeah, you do want guys that are somewhat psycho on your offensive line. What is their job ? To go out and manhandle other guys who are 300+ for a couple of hours every Sunday and try to put them on their ass. If I were a coach, yeah, I'd WANT to have the school bully on the line protecting my QB.

Now "real" psychos like Hernandez ? Of course not.

You can call BS all you want. Sams is undersized and not strong enough to be a DE and he isn't cut out for OLB either. Sure, there are some guys who are great even though undersized for their position (Drew Brees, Darren Sproles, Elvis Dumervil, etc), but those guys are exceptions that are few and far between.

As for psychos in the locker room, yeah, you do want guys that are somewhat psycho on your offensive line. What is their job ? To go out and manhandle other guys who are 300+ for a couple of hours every Sunday and try to put them on their ass. If I were a coach, yeah, I'd WANT to have the school bully on the line protecting my QB.

Now "real" psychos like Hernandez ? Of course not.
Come on man do you REALLY think that Sam is so small that no team wants to bring him in for a workout, not sign him to a contract just a workout? Sam is 6'2 263 lbs, Rob nincovich is 6'2 & 260 lbs, Easily is 6'2 so it seams it's possible for Sam to be in the nil and not be controller level dominant and teams bring in players for workouts all the time; the pats brought in Brady Quinn for a workout this season. If Sam was getting workouts and no team was signing him then I would agree that he must just not be good enough but it's obvious that they just don't want someone who is openly gay on their team.
As for incognito I just don't want players who routinely prove to be giant scum bags anywhere near my team or anywhere near a sport I enjoy.

Come on man do you REALLY think that Sam is so small that no team wants to bring him in for a workout, not sign him to a contract just a workout? Sam is 6'2 263 lbs, Rob nincovich is 6'2 & 260 lbs, Easily is 6'2 so it seams it's possible for Sam to be in the nil and not be controller level dominant and teams bring in players for workouts all the time; the pats brought in Brady Quinn for a workout this season. If Sam was getting workouts and no team was signing him then I would agree that he must just not be good enough but it's obvious that they just don't want someone who is openly gay on their team.
As for incognito I just don't want players who routinely prove to be giant scum bags anywhere near my team or anywhere near a sport I enjoy.

Why do you keep saying that no team signed him and brought him in for a workout ? The Rams drafted him and eventually cut him in going to their final 53 and the Cowboys added him to their practice squad then waived him.

No scumbags near a sport you enjoy ? Are you serious ? What do you want, an NFL full of a bunch of choir boys ?

Why do you keep saying that no team signed him and brought him in for a workout ? The Rams drafted him and eventually cut him in going to their final 53 and the Cowboys added him to their practice squad then waived him.

No scumbags near a sport you enjoy ? Are you serious ? What do you want, an NFL full of a bunch of choir boys ?
After the Cowboys waived him not a single team even so much as worked out Sam, if you want another example someone like Ras- I Dowling has had many workouts and signed two different contracts since he was cut by us. As for choir boys I would think that most teams wouldn't want a player who does the sort of things Incognito has in his locker rooms.

After the Cowboys waived him not a single team even so much as worked out Sam, if you want another example someone like Ras- I Dowling has had many workouts and signed two different contracts since he was cut by us. As for choir boys I would think that most teams wouldn't want a player who does the sort of things Incognito has in his locker rooms.

Ras was also a 2nd round pick, not a 7th rounder. His biggest problem has been injuries. If he can stay healthy, perhaps he might amount to something. It's understandable that he would get more looks than Sam.

Ras was also a 2nd round pick, not a 7th rounder. His biggest problem has been injuries. If he can stay healthy, perhaps he might amount to something. It's understandable that he would get more looks than Sam.
there are literally hundreds of examples that I can provide you with of people getting workouts; this link is for five guys all of whom happen to be LB or DE/OLB hybrids, of the five 4 were undrafted players and two had zero NFL experience as in not even on anyone's practice squad. Here is one in which the Pats brought in 9 guys, 6 of whom had zero NFL experience and here is one from last year where they worked out a 6'2 262 pound Defensive end/linebacker. As I said before I dont know if Sam is good enough to be on an NFL active roster but are you really saying that Sam is so terrible that despite the good preseason and being on the Cowboys practice squad that is not worthy of a tryout but someone like UDFA Derrell Johnson out of East Carolina is?

Last edited:
there are literally hundreds of examples that I can provide you with of people getting workouts; this link is for five guys all of whom happen to be LB or DE/OLB hybrids, of the five 4 were undrafted players and two had zero NFL experience as in not even on anyone's practice squad. Here is one in which the Pats brought in 9 guys, 6 of whom had zero NFL experience and here is one from last year where they worked out a 6'2 262 pound Defensive end/linebacker. As I said before I dont know if Sam is good enough to be on an NFL active roster but are you really saying that Sam is so terrible that despite the good preseason and being on the Cowboys practice squad that is not worthy of a tryout but someone like UDFA Derrell Johnson out of East Carolina is?

And if I wanted to take the time, I could list hundreds of examples of guys who got drafted by one team, were released, got picked up by another team, were released again, and were never heard from thereafer. It happens every year in the NFL. These are guys at the margins. Teams bring them in based on all sorts of reasons. Is the guy a good fit for the scheme? Do they need depth at that position ? Was there something about the player that intrigued them ? Do they think they can get more out of a player than another team ?

And if I wanted to take the time, I could list hundreds of examples of guys who got drafted by one team, were released, got picked up by another team, were released again, and were never heard from thereafer. It happens every year in the NFL. These are guys at the margins. Teams bring them in based on all sorts of reasons. Is the guy a good fit for the scheme? Do they need depth at that position ? Was there something about the player that intrigued them ? Do they think they can get more out of a player than another team ?
Come on man you are just denying the obvious here; Sam was the DPOY in the SEC and ranked as a middle of the pack DE by PFF in the preseason. Of the 20 defensive ends with one or more sacks and eight or more tackles this preseason (sam had 3 sacks and 11 tackles), all but two were on a season-long practice squad or on an active roster. The other guy is Martez Wilson and he still got workouts; if you dont want to accept that Sam has been frozen out by NFL teams then that's fine, we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Come on man you are just denying the obvious here; Sam was the DPOY in the SEC and ranked as a middle of the pack DE by PFF in the preseason. Of the 20 defensive ends with one or more sacks and eight or more tackles this preseason (sam had 3 sacks and 11 tackles), all but two were on a season-long practice squad or on an active roster. The other guy is Martez Wilson and he still got workouts; if you dont want to accept that Sam has been frozen out by NFL teams then that's fine, we will simply have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back