PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rhamondre Stevenson versus Tyler Shelvin?

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Patriots took Rhamondre Stevenson instead of Tyler Shelvin (taken two picks later) in last year's draft.
Who got the best deal? Stevenson was outstanding, but I am curious about Shelvin; he was a beast in college. Did anyone keep track of him on the Bengals? The Patriots could certianly have used a stout DT, but Stevenson is an outstanding pick also. How did Shelvin do?

BTW, the 4th round of last year's draft is very interesting. The Patriots gave two 4's to the Bengals to move up and take Barmore near the beginning of the second round. The Bengals used one of those 4's to pick Shelvin.

Last edited:
The first sign of life came on a 4th and 1 stop this past weekend. There wasn’t really anything positive to say about his season up until then, with only 7 snaps through 17 weeks, a whole bunch of playing time in the regular season finale when they rested starters, and then back to healthy scratch in the wildcard round.

So far we're winning that deal by a decent margin. Like @Sciz said he barely played at all. That's one of the upsides with almost any RB though. It's the easiest position in football that translates but Rham has been dynamite for us.

These are interesting. There are a lot you could do.

Another one for me is Michael Carter and Perkins. I had Carter slightly higher and we obviously needed a replacement for White.

Rham, Harris & Carter would be a nightmare to deal with.

I really like shelvin before the draft.

shelvin, godchaux and guy would have been better than godchaux, guy and Davis this past year.

but Stevenson was a playmaker for us when not fumbling.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back