PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revisiting the rookie class of 2016

In terms of ST, I think Cyrus must have shown something in practice otherwise the coaching staff wouldn't have continuously exposed him on game days. Obviously, once we hit crunch time and he kept screwing up you had to shelve the entire thing until 2017.

As a CB he didn't really get to do much this year. So it's difficult to say anything really..

I think Marcus Cannon proves the value of patience when it comes to assessing performance. I'm not happy with writing anyone off after one year.

I think Marcus Cannon proves the value of patience when it comes to assessing performance. I'm not happy with writing anyone off after one year.

Especially because in Cannon's case you had Scar openly saying in interviews in 2012 (2013 ?) how much he liked Cannon's potential. The vitriol towards him after last year's AFCCG made me stay away from the main board for a few months. Somehow there is no patience among a lot of people anymore..

In terms of ST, I think Cyrus must have shown something in practice otherwise the coaching staff wouldn't have continuously exposed him on game days. Obviously, once we hit crunch time and he kept screwing up you had to shelve the entire thing until 2017.

As a CB he didn't really get to do much this year. So it's difficult to say anything really..

I agree with you on this one. Also if we remember hightower wasnt that great in his rookie year. Im hoping come next season well see more from jones in the way of ST and playing some corner.

...Vincent was one of very few true NTs in last years and this years draft...
Andrew Billings was the best NT prospect available when Valentine was taken at 96. Unfortunately, he suffered a meniscus tear during TC, so he wasn't able to show why he was a steal at 122.

Andrew Billings was the best NT prospect available when Valentine was taken at 96. Unfortunately, he suffered a meniscus tear during TC, so he wasn't able to show why he was a steal at 122.

Yep, he had some real potential for sure. I wonder if they got scared off by the program/competition, and Billings age/experience.

I think he will be a good one though.

Valentine when drafted knock on him was a questionable motor. When I saw him play I thought he looked alot better than Malcom Brown. Mr Brown needs to pick it up in year three and be that force we drafted. Old man Branch outplayed the young pup Brown.

Valentine when drafted knock on him was a questionable motor. When I saw him play I thought he looked alot better than Malcom Brown. Mr Brown needs to pick it up in year three and be that force we drafted. Old man Branch outplayed the young pup Brown.
Brown has been a disappointment for sure. He doesn't look stout at the point of attack. I saw him get moved in the run game by a single blocker many times this year. In a two-gap scheme, that's a recipe to get your ass sat on the bench.

Brown has been a disappointment for sure. He doesn't look stout at the point of attack. I saw him get moved in the run game by a single blocker many times this year. In a two-gap scheme, that's a recipe to get your ass sat on the bench.

I never saw Brown as a two gap NT type. Always thought of him as a big penetrating 3-tech.

I never saw Brown as a two gap NT type. Always thought of him as a big penetrating 3-tech.
Agreed which is why it surprised me to see him used that way. It explains why he got benched for Branch as the season went on, too.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back