PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Gronk to take his sweet time coming back from ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it'd be fine by me if they put him on the shelf for most of the season, let him tune up in December and have him hit his peak in the playoffs

That's where we need him and that's where we've hardly ever had him. Add him to the playoff mix in the years we've been without him and I think we'd be talking about a few more rings

They can keep him on ice as long as they want - just make sure he's completely rested and healthy for the playoffs

Tune,

I actually disagree with you and Deb simply because I firmly believe Gronk has been snakebit with the arm fiasco and then the fluke knee slam. He will IMO make up for this lost time going forward.:cool:

Hope you are right but I have my doubts...

When Gronk is healthy and 100%, he should play. Holding him out for the playoffs is taking the entire season for granted. The moment the Patriots start doing that, the run is over.

When Gronk is healthy and 100%, he should play. Holding him out for the playoffs is taking the entire season for granted. The moment the Patriots start doing that, the run is over.

It seems as though many take the importance of the regular season, along with the obvious incentive of securing the first round bye and increasing the chances significantly-- for granted.

On top of that, the day that Bill Belichick would actually consider resting or "shelving" a player on purpose for later on in the year is the day that we can check him into the psych hospital for going senile. I believe that he's often quoted "football players play football," or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back