PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Bruschi Has Strained Calf Muscle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is great news, but I wonder if it was a strained calf muscle, why couldn't he put any weight on the leg when the trainers helped him of the field.

RxJock1120 said:
Well that is great news, but I wonder if it was a strained calf muscle, why couldn't he put any weight on the leg when the trainers helped him of the field.

I'll take "Because it hurt like hell" for $1,000 Alex.

NEM said:
Hey doctor, listen i Have this pain in my a s s.....can you help me with it, its called a RxJock PITA.... and it hurts. WHat can you suggest to get rid of it?

A warm glass of shut the hell up, right before bed time. And in general if you're having anal discomfort I suggest talking your boyfriend into playing the part of the girl for a change.

Last edited:
groundgame said:
Pretty much the best case scenario! On another matter, my doctor is retiring in a year or so and I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a replacement who might be a top medical student at this time? Thanks.
Well, I've seen most episodes of M*A*S*H* is that good enough?

this is good news
but the calf muscle being hurt (itll still hurt a little two weeks from now) will hurt his explosiveness

I'm not a Doctor (nor do I play one on TV or this board), but the Herald this morning is calling it a muscle "tear," which I gather is worse than a "strain" and would be similar to the injury that limited Bruschi's effectiveness against Carolina in XXXVII. Has anybody else heard anything about it?

PatsFanSince74 said:
I'm not a Doctor (nor do I play one on TV or this board), but the Herald this morning is calling it a muscle "tear," which I gather is worse than a "strain" and would be similar to the injury that limited Bruschi's effectiveness against Carolina in XXXVII. Has anybody else heard anything about it?

A strain is the same as a microtear, or so I read in this thread...

My guess is Bru misses the Fins game and comes out bashing for Jax or Pitt...

ADPF

Tedy coughs and we all get the flu.

PATSNUTme said:
Tedy coughs and we all get the flu.

Frikkin' ESPN leads into a new half hour segment this morning saying "the Patriots won on Monday night, but did they suffer a devastating injury for the playoffs?". So, in the new segment Sean Salisbury-Steak talks about Larry Johnson, Julius Jones and other running backs' roles for this weekend, maybe mentioned Bruschi in passing. Sensationalist bustards!

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
A strain is the same as a microtear, or so I read in this thread...

My guess is Bru misses the Fins game and comes out bashing for Jax or Pitt...

ADPF

He came back from a similar injury in 2 weeks to play in SB XXXVIII. XL is almost 6 weeks away yet, and if he's limited against the JAGS or Steelers at home that would not be the end of the world. As long as he's good to go full tilt against Indy/Denver in 3 weeks.

MoLewisrocks said:
He came back from a similar injury in 2 weeks to play in SB XXXVIII. XL is almost 6 weeks away yet, and if he's limited against the JAGS or Steelers at home that would not be the end of the world. As long as he's good to go full tilt against Indy/Denver in 3 weeks.

I don't know. (Almost) no-one is indispensable, but I don't recall Beisel's name being mentioned much, if at all, when he's been in there and Bruschi's been out.

"A warm glass of shut the hell up"

What's up doc? Do you have any comeback that doesn't involve the original and exciting term "shut up", or the equally creative "shut the hell up"? Just wondering.

I'm not saying you should shut up or shut the hell up, because I've been enjoying watching you make a fool of yourself.

Cheers,

another one of your admirers

Trot said:
"A warm glass of shut the hell up"

What's up doc? Do you have any comeback that doesn't involve the original and exciting term "shut up", or the equally creative "shut the hell up"? Just wondering.

I'm not saying you should shut up or shut the hell up, because I've been enjoying watching you make a fool of yourself.

Cheers,

another one of your admirers

Guess they don't teach 'em manners - bedside or otherwise - any more. Of course it could be he's studying medicine via the internet - would explain his intemperate and opinionated approach to just about everything.

I always remind folks seeking medical treatment/opinions that 50% of all doctors graduate in the botton half of their class. And half of those are in the botton half of the bottom half.....just for openers. Comforting thought that if young Rx doesn't wash out some poor bastard will be having this kind of exchange with him in a profesional setting one day....

Fanfrom1960 said:
I don't know. (Almost) no-one is indispensable, but I don't recall Beisel's name being mentioned much, if at all, when he's been in there and Bruschi's been out.

Actually he was getting mild kudos from Felger on his show Tuesday. We can handle the Jags at home without Tedy if need be. We have handled the Steelers on the road without him already this season. Just as long as he's back for the second round wherever or whomever that turns out to be.

Last edited:
OT: Patjew, your sig ...

... would be EXTREMELY offensive in the UK, as offensive as using the N-word for blacks, and more offensive than referring to women as gardening implements (and that is pretty offensive to some on this board, obviously). Are things so different in the U.S.?

MoLewisrocks said:
I always remind folks seeking medical treatment/opinions that 50% of all doctors graduate in the botton half of their class. And half of those are in the botton half of the bottom half.....just for openers. Comforting thought that if young Rx doesn't wash out some poor bastard will be having this kind of exchange with him in a profesional setting one day....

Oh, yeah, BTW: about a third to half the time, doctors can't even figure out what's causing your symptoms. . . .

Mike the Brit said:
... would be EXTREMELY offensive in the UK, as offensive as using the N-word for blacks, and more offensive than referring to women as gardening implements (and that is pretty offensive to some on this board, obviously). Are things so different in the U.S.?
I don't believe the word Jew has any negative connotation in the U.S.

Am I wrong?

I'm not really sure what else you would call a Jewish person.

KDPpatsfan said:
I don't believe the word Jew has any negative connotation in the U.S.

Am I wrong?

I'm not really sure what else you would call a Jewish person.

Look at the sig -- the y-word. That is plenty offensive here.

Mike the Brit said:
Look at the sig -- the y-word. That is plenty offensive here.

Unless it is offensive to our Jewish posters, then I don't have a problem with it.

If it is, they should PM Ian because none of us have the power to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft