PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Broncos to Pursue Romo if Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he goes to Denver, Mike Felger automatically becomes the biggest Romo fan in Boston sports media....

Let them have him I only hope they can use the IR-DTR on him when he ends up on IR I didn't know Romo was that old what a testament to the GOAT.

In other news, the earth is in fact round?:p

I kid, I kid.:D

This makes too much sense for them. QB play is what primarily held them back last season. Romo doesn't automatically make them contenders because we have no idea how many games he'll play. But assuming he plays a majority of the season, they should make the playoffs as a wild card at the very least.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the Cowboys wouldn't hold out for a pick knowing the Broncos want Romo. Hey another team interested and get them bidding.

I'm not sure why the Cowboys wouldn't hold out for a pick knowing the Broncos want Romo. Hey another team interested and get them bidding.

Exactly.

Is the cap hit different for DAL if he's released as opposed to being traded? Assume no?

Yeah we def don't want this. If they fix the o-line, Denver is real scary with Romo. Siemian is a solid backup at best. No idea about Lynch, he looked okayish when I saw him play...bu he was a rook.

Yeah we def don't want this. If they fix the o-line, Denver is real scary with Romo. Siemian is a solid backup at best. No idea about Lynch, he looked okayish when I saw him play...bu he was a rook.

Romo won't last a season anywhere he goes. They can bubble wrap him and wait for the playoffs though.

The corpse of Manning won the Super Bowl with that defense. The oline struggled a bit last season but I think the biggest loss was their star running back. He should be back.

So except for Elway, who pretty much was a "can't miss", and even that was bogus since Elway refused to sign with the Colts, have the Broncos been able to draft and develop a QB on their own?

Broncos fans have always seemed a bit obnoxious to me with their "in...com...plete" chant and signing QBs, like Manning and now maybe Romo, that other teams developed in order to win.

Left to their own abilities they get Tebow as their QB.

The corpse of Manning won the Super Bowl with that defense.

Slight problem with the "that defense can win with anyone" logic, they missed the playoffs last year and Wade Phillips just left town.

but I think the biggest loss was their star running back

Problem there is they won't be running Kubiak's offense, it's Mike McCoy's. As we all know Kubiak runs the Mike Shanahan offense which everyone knows you can stick a JAG back there and they'll get 1200 yards, case in point, Alfred Morris, Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson running for 1200+ yards. Then there was when Kubiak had that 1 season in Baltimore and Justin Forsett ran for 1200 yards and now 2 years later guy is out of the league.

Like I said above people are severely underrating that Kubiak and Phillips left and it's now Vance Joseph, McCoy and Joe Woods

Remember what Brady did to that defense (which had pretty much the same secondary and both Von Miller and Ware were healthy) in 2014 without Wade Phillips?

Ware might be gone which leaves them with pass rush on only 1 side which is much easier to block.

Watch them go after hightower.

That is exactly what I was thinking...such a John Elway move, reminiscent of signing Talib and Welker. There has been very little talk out of Bronco land about Hightower yet a lot about some other free agents...I'll bet anything that Elway is planning to target Hightower because he sees value in taking a guy away from a primary competitor, a tactic which I don't believe in (because the sword cuts both ways, so a bad signing also makes your rival better against you, see Revis) but clearly he does.

This is excellent news if true. Romo hurts himself mid-season. Donkeys are set back a year because they tried the win right away mode again. Defense not as good as before. Their window is ovah!:D

Ware might be gone which leaves them with pass rush on only 1 side which is much easier to block.

They're being linked to Calais Campbell.

Elway's style is top-heavy to the extreme. That makes the Broncos dangerous on paper, and dangerous if they can avoid injuries. Talib or Miller go down and their defense comes back to Earth in a hurry.

The corpse of Manning won the Super Bowl with that defense. The oline struggled a bit last season but I think the biggest loss was their star running back. He should be back.
The defense that won the superbowl was a GREAT defense, but the one they put on the field last year was good, but not nearly as good as the previous season, and who knows about this year, though I guess you have a better idea than I do.

So how about it, DPF. Is Denver's defense likely to be better this season than last, or not quite as good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back