PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember the 96-97 AFCCG: Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Surprisingly this is NOT the first time the Jaguars and Patriots have met in the AFC Championship Game.

They met in 1997 (1996 NFL season) with it being Drew Bledsoe vs Mark Brunell.

Some highlights can be found starting at the 22:44 mark of the video below. What REALLY sticks out is just how different Gillette looks from Foxboro Stadium.

This is not possible. Coughlin owns the Patriots.

I wasn't there, so I bet you'd have a better memory than I. Wasn't there a mid game delay of some sort (power outage, perhaps?).
Yes there was

Wow, does that make me feel old. Nice find @brdmaverick. I had to work my part time college jobs during the Fog Bowl and Q1 of the Super Bowl; in the former case I was able to sneak in a tiny black and white TV (which wasn't that different from color TV that day anyway) to watch and in the Super Bowl case we had Gil and Gino on the radio. Was able to get back to my dorm for the 2nd quarter.

My college roommate got to attend the AFC title game with his dad, I watched in my dorm with some buddies. The power outage made me think at the time that I got the better side of that deal.

I wasn't there, so I bet you'd have a better memory than I. Wasn't there a mid game delay of some sort (power outage, perhaps?).

Yep. Second half I think. Vinatieri lined up to kick a FG and then the power outage. It wasn't that dark in the stadium from what I remember though...

The whole place rocked when OTIS got that fumble-6.

LOVE those uniforms!

Replace Elvis with Pat the Patriot on the silver helmet, have a little red & white piping, and you have the PERFECT Patriots uniform.

Brady is undefeated against the Jags, Cowboys & Texans. That includes postseason. Simply southern dominance.

LOVE those uniforms!

Replace Elvis with Pat the Patriot on the silver helmet, have a little red & white piping, and you have the PERFECT Patriots uniform.
Should bring those back once a season, easy enough to replace the helmet sticker.

Those were the days when teams could only afford three footballs, according to an emotional Mark Brunell. Interesting fact: he is a bankrupt loser now who also cried on television while falsely accusing an international hero of cheating. That’s some legacy to leave behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes