PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Yodny Cajuste healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two knee injuries followed by quad surgery so far in a very condensed football career that hasn’t included battling NFL monsters yet.

Pump the breaks
Glass I Dowling concurs

Hoping for serviceable depth at this point
That would be a win over last year

To me this resembles the Marcus Cannon pick. Swing tackle picked later in draft and "stashed" for a bit until healthy.

Sounds like he is a solid talent and could be our "swing OT" this year behind Cannon and Wynn... Or if he shows enough they could cut Cannon and save the Cap $$.

I like this Quote:
"PROJECTION
Cajuste can be a plug and play left tackle in the NFL. He will be a first round pick and I’d be surprised if he fell out of the top sixteen. If he can stay healthy I expect multiple pro bowls over time."
Agree 100%, definitely reminds me of the Cannon situation. I feel Cajuste can play left tackle and Wynn can move to left guard, in the event we lose Thuney some day. I like the Mike Onwenu pick from the 2020 draft, a massive road grader. Add in Froholdt from last year, some really talented depth on the line, eventual starters even.

Some reports graded him the best pass blocker of his draft class. He also benched 32 times so also strong too. They also note his elite long hands. The glaring weakness is injury durability. Cannon proved to be durable after cancer but this guy has had multiple knee issues.

Agree 100%, definitely reminds me of the Cannon situation. I feel Cajuste can play left tackle and Wynn can move to left guard, in the event we lose Thuney some day. I like the Mike Onwenu pick from the 2020 draft, a massive road grader. Add in Froholdt from last year, some really talented depth on the line, eventual starters even.

I don't know why people still want to move Wynn inside when we have a need at right tackle, or at least will very soon.

I don't know why people still want to move Wynn inside when we have a need at right tackle, or at least will very soon.

Plus, there's nothing but positive evidence about Wynn at tackle. He's still very new, learning, and getting better with every snap.

To me Wynn looks like a Guard...his size (height, arm length and resembles a bowling ball) gives me that impression. However he should play LT since he has done a very good job there and probably is now the most qualified on the team...with his experience.

Plus, there's nothing but positive evidence about Wynn at tackle. He's still very new, learning, and getting better with every snap.

Wynn has really been a disappointment. Hurt and hasn't done a lot. I'm all for moving him to guard or just moving on.

Yep...I'm less concerned about Wynn at LT - way, Way less - than I am about Cannon at RT.

How do you even say this guy's name?

Wynn has really been a disappointment. Hurt and hasn't done a lot. I'm all for moving him to guard or just moving on.

At least you're being honest and not sugar coating it.

I see a lot of positives with him. He has lighting quick feet and looks like he's gliding in pass protection. Doesn't seem like any pass rusher scares him. Gets out quickly in run blocking. Looked like an elite LT in his first two starts against Pittsburgh and Miami before getting injured.

However, the negatives are: we haven't seen him play a full season. Is him being in and out of the lineup going to be a regular occurrence? He had a bad habit of being late on snap counts early in games and was chasing DE's (my biggest pet peeve). Looks like he has T-Rex arms.

In the end, I like him at LT and think he's going to be a very solid player.

Interesting to see 5 disapproving emojis. Whatever. Wynn was put on IR in each of the last 2 seasons after just week2. I was high on him when he was drafted but it's an absolutely horrible sign that this kid can't stay healthy and has been put on IR two years in a row for pretty much all season. I think his job is definitely up for grabs and maybe Yodny grabs it.

Last edited:
Interesting to see 5 disapproving emojis. Whatever. He was put on IR in each of the last 2 seasons after just week2. I was high on him when he was drafted but it's an absolutely horrible sign that this kid can't stay healthy and has been put on IR two years in a row for pretty much all season. I think his job is definitely up for grabs and maybe Yodny grabs it.
I think some of that is due to the liberal IR rules. Pats seem to not hesitate to put a player on IR in week 1 or 2 knowing they can create roster spots and bring the players (well 2 of them) back later. Obviously, Wynn needed a full year in his rookie season on IR, but if we still had the same IR rules as we had a few years ago, I would bet both Wynn and Harry would have remained on the roster in 2019 and been among the inactives at the beginning of the season while they healed up and then started seeing playing time around week 4 or 5.

I think some of that is due to the liberal IR rules. Pats seem to not hesitate to put a player on IR in week 1 or 2 knowing they can create roster spots and bring the players (well 2 of them) back later. Obviously, Wynn needed a full year in his rookie season on IR, but if we still had the same IR rules as we had a few years ago, I would bet both Wynn and Harry would have remained on the roster in 2019 and been among the inactives at the beginning of the season while they healed up and then started seeing playing time around week 4 or 5.

Ok but given the benefit trade off, seems like they didn't value his on field play a lot then if they could have gotten him back mid season but instead did IR after week 2.

Ok but given the benefit trade off, seems like they didn't value his on field play a lot then if they could have gotten him back mid season but instead did IR after week 2.
No argument on that point. I do think the Pats really, really value those early season roster spots as the season today is kind of an extended preseason for the first few games.

Interesting to see 5 disapproving emojis. Whatever. Wynn was put on IR in each of the last 2 seasons after just week2. I was high on him when he was drafted but it's an absolutely horrible sign that this kid can't stay healthy and has been put on IR two years in a row for pretty much all season. I think his job is definitely up for grabs and maybe Yodny grabs it.

UPDATE: After mine, you are up to 8 disapproving emojis.

Again not trying to disparage Wynn but just being straight up objective. Here's his game last year. They had him at RIGHT ot not left tackle. He's getting repeatedly pushed back into Brady here. Then he gets hurt in the first quarter and is gone for the season. Two years in a row out all year in the second game. I really was a fan when he was drafted but he hasn't done anything. Cajuste could take the left tackle spot. Wynn has not won it.

To paraphrase BB, most teams feel fortunate to have one good OT, and having two is a luxury. Not great, just good.

Pats fans insist on having three, at least one of which needs to be great, or the team is under-performing. The entitlement around here is mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back