PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss story on field conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
edited here

Last edited:
Let's get a few things straight here. I am appreciative of what Kraft has done with the Pats. Keeping the team in Foxboro while using Hartford was one of the toughest business power plays this area has seen. I also have been to many stadiums in the league so I can compare better than most people on this board.

Gillette is not even close to the best in the league IMO. If you have the money or your company has the money it may be the best experience in the NFL. But for the average season ticket holders, not much has changed from old Foxboro stadium. I still have to wait to use the restroom. Totally ridiculous. Maybe I should bash ROK Architects instead of Kraft but he had final review I'm sure. The fact that they converted women's rooms to mens rooms indicates to me that somone screwed up bad. Also the time it takes to get into the stadium is deplorable. Nowhere else is that as much of a problem than at Gilette. That being said, I will applaud them for adding more gates this year, but the stadium has been open for 4-years.

Next item: Transforming the area around the stadium to Mall Central. Kraft owns the land he can do what he wants to it, but I wish he had more vision than to simply build some homoginized mega-mall that can be found anywhere else in the country. Not original. Has this construction affected parking for the average fan? According to this board it has. I can't express how much this project disgusts me. Then again most commercial/residential projects now are plain crap. That's my opinion. You may like all the stores once they are in, but it's not for me.

What else? Hassling ticket holders about selling their tickets on Ebay. That drives me nuts. I don't know for a fact but suspect that the Patriots take a large chunk of their SB ticket share and sell them to travel agencies too. This has been discussed here on this board. They profit while the average ticket holder gets less of a chance to get SB tickets. Ridiculous. That being said we use all of our tickets. The waiting list access to "extra" tickets is a great thing. So I give credit where it is due.

About the field. Maybe less concerts would be a good idea?? Does he really need that money?? Do the soccer players have that much impact? I don't know. The field issue has helped us in the past and I believe that BB wants it that way or it would be corrected.

PSL's aren't necessarily a bad thing. The ticket holder can resell them at some point and make some money. The Patriots don't want you to. If they had went that route I still think they would have sold out the stadium.

I do also applaud him for not playing ball with the scumbag politicians and union bosses in Boston. That's why the stadium was built in Foxboro not Boston and not with public money. He wouldn't pay the "bribes" required to do business in this part of the country. Strictly my opinion here.

All big corporations donate to charity. It's a great thing. I applaud him for that work.

Obviously I enjoy the Pats enough to still attend game, suppport the team etc. Nobody is beyond criticism. There are quite a few things that bother me about Kraft and the Pats management and have expressed them here. Disagree if you want, but don't put the Pats ownership on a pedestal

Last edited:
denverpatsfan said:
Let's get a few things straight here. I am appreciative of what Kraft has done with the Pats. Keeping the team in Foxboro while using Hartford was one of the toughest business power plays this area has seen. I also have been to many stadiums in the league so I can compare better than most people on this board.

Gillette is not even close to the best in the league IMO. If you have the money or your company has the money it may be the best experience in the NFL. But for the average season ticket holders, not much has changed from old Foxboro stadium. I still have to wait to use the restroom. Totally ridiculous. Maybe I should bash ROK Architects instead of Kraft but he had final review I'm sure. The fact that they converted women's rooms to mens rooms indicates to me that somone screwed up bad. Also the time it takes to get into the stadium is deplorable. Nowhere else is that as much of a problem than at Gilette. That being said, I will applaud them for adding more gates this year, but the stadium has been open for 4-years.

Next item: Transforming the area around the stadium to Mall Central. Kraft owns the land he can do what he wants to it, but I wish he had more vision than to simply build some homoginized mega-mall that can be found anywhere else in the country. Not original. Has this construction affected parking for the average fan? According to this board it has. I can't express how much this project disgusts me. Then again most commercial/residential projects now are plain crap. That's my opinion. You may like all the stores once they are in, but it's not for me.

What else? Hassling ticket holders about selling their tickets on Ebay. That drives me nuts. I don't know for a fact but suspect that the Patriots take a large chunk of their SB ticket share and sell them to travel agencies too. This has been discussed here on this board. They profit while the average ticket holder gets less of a chance to get SB tickets. Ridiculous. That being said we use all of our tickets. The waiting list access to "extra" tickets is a great thing. So I give credit where it is due.

About the field. Maybe less concerts would be a good idea?? Does he really need that money?? Do the soccer players have that much impact? I don't know. The field issue has helped us in the past and I believe that BB wants it that way or it would be corrected.

PSL's aren't necessarily a bad thing. The ticket holder can resell them at some point and make some money. The Patriots don't want you to. If they had went that route I still think they would have sold out the stadium.

I do also applaud him for not playing ball with the scumbag politicians and union bosses in Boston. That's why the stadium was built in Foxboro not Boston and not with public money. He wouldn't pay the "bribes" required to do business in this part of the country. Strictly my opinion here.

All big corporations donate to charity. It's a great thing. I applaud him for that work.

Obviously I enjoy the Pats enough to still attend game, suppport the team etc. Nobody is beyond criticism. There are quite a few things that bother me about Kraft and the Pats management and have expressed them here. Disagree if you want, but don't put the Pats ownership on a pedestal
Your argument lost all credibility by trying to defend PSLs. Please try to find one person that would rather make that "investment" rather than holding on to the money or sticking it in a bank.

In terms of concerts, it has nothing to do with a "need" for the money. He is a businessman, the stadium is his business, and he is going to work to turn a profit. Any other expectation is naiive. If BB asked for field turf, do you really think he'd turn him down?

And Bob Kraft is not a corporation. He and his wife dedicate THEIR LIVES to charity. To say "All big corporations donate to charity" is flippant and does not begin to cover it. Kraft and I are involved in some of the same charities, so I know what I'm speaking of.

If the Krafts don't belong on a pedestal, then no team owners do. Bob Kraft is the best thing to happen to sports in New England in thirty years. I guess you're right, though, he is human. Ghandi wasn't perfect either- I heard the field outside the Taj Mahal was in shambles.

I could go on and on, but I've seen enough silly online arguments to know that no one wins. So in summary, I win. :rolleyes:

OK, Denverpatsfan. Name one living person who would be a better owner for the New England Patriots.

So that's it. Bob Kraft does work for your charity so he is beyond all crtique.

There are many people who donate and work for charity. You and the Kraft's are not the only ones. That was my point.

There have been others on this board who would agree with me about the PSL's. We pay the highest ticket prices in the league so the money is spent either way.

With the high demand for tickets 50,000+ on the waiting list he could easily have sold PSL's. If that money would have gone to provide a better stadium then I would have been all for it.

The return on PSL's could be much higher than putting the money in the bank. We have had this dicussion here before. I'm not repeating if if you didn't get it the first time around.

Yes he probably is the best sports owner in NE history, but there are quite a few policies/decisons I disagree with.

If you want to "win" the "argument" then fine you "win"

Have a great day

I don't care what the situation is at Gillette Stadium. Fedex Field over here in Redskin country has to be worse. Oh, it's plenty "luxurious", but fans do not care about luxury. Parking is atrocious. Obstructed view seats might as well be in the parking lot. My father was treated like a freakin' criminal for bringing his own peanuts to a game. Yes, he was attacked by the Peanut Police.

You can disagree with a few decisions Bob Kraft has made, but at least be thankful he's not Daniel Snyder.

denverpatsfan said:
So that's it. Bob Kraft does work for your charity so he is beyond all crtique.

Not at all. I'm just saying that he donates personally, not as a corporation. Charity work is his wife's full-time job. And it's not "my" charity- we're just coincidentally involved with it. I just have first-hand knowledge that he gives far more time and money than most businessmen, that's all.

denverpatsfan said:
If you want to "win" the "argument" then fine you "win"
Hope you got that I was being sarcastic here.

denverpatsfan said:
Have a great day
You too, bro.

From what I have read on the project, which isn't much, is that hotels, restaurants, stores and some type of fanzone attraction. Sounds like more than a mall to me.

What would you do with the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore